PDA

View Full Version : Any info on spring sales this year?

ericlin0122
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi all,
Does anyone hear of any info on fishin hole spring sales this year? I remember last year was end of march.
how about wholesales?
basspro's spring sales is happening right now.

addictedfisherman
03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Its happening this weekend!! the 22-25 at the Mayfield as usual.:sHa_shakeshout:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.theoutdoorshowandsale.com/ the fishinhole .Make sure ya take a can or 5 of food for food bank .

Wholesale I dont think has any big sale just there instore sales ,

Bass pro has there Spring whatever they call it on right now .

ericlin0122
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.theoutdoorshowandsale.com/ the fishinhole .Make sure ya take a can or 5 of food for food bank .

Wholesale I dont think has any big sale just there instore sales ,

Bass pro has there Spring whatever they call it on right now .

fishinhole sale only @ Edmonton?

addictedfisherman
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
well they had a booth at the Calgary boat and sportsmen show, the Saskatoon boat and sportsman show and now they have the Mayfield sale in Edmonton only. its a "show only sale" so no sale prices in stores. Should be an interesting show. This year they will have boats on display from different marine dealerships instead of campers village... hmmm seems like it might be an expensive weekend lol

BeeGuy
03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Can anyone recall if the bulk line is on sale during TFH's spring sale?

Gotta rig-up with several hundred yards for the sturgeon season.

Any line weight suggestions? I was thinking of going with 30 or 40#.

03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
fishinhole sale only @ Edmonton?

Correct At Mayfield common .

Can anyone recall if the bulk line is on sale during TFH's spring sale?

Gotta rig-up with several hundred yards for the sturgeon season.

Any line weight suggestions? I was thinking of going with 30 or 40#.

I dont think so , but you could try getting ahold of one of the stores . The past 2 or 3 times having my reel spooled with there bulk like ive had nothing but issues with the line . I think when I go pick my boat up next weekend , Im gonna pick up a 3000 yard spool and just do my own reels . Then I can keep my extra line in dark cool dry place .

BeeGuy
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Correct At Mayfield common .

I dont think so , but you could try getting ahold of one of the stores . The past 2 or 3 times having my reel spooled with there bulk like ive had nothing but issues with the line . I think when I go pick my boat up next weekend , Im gonna pick up a 3000 yard spool and just do my own reels . Then I can keep my extra line in dark cool dry place .

What kind of issues?

03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
What kind of issues?

Line snappin and thats 80 or 100 pound line that had spooled on those reels .

Sitting in the open with the lights open to all sorts of things really deterate the line in my opinion .

I should be able to cast 6 Oz's no issue with 80 lb or 100 lb test braided line .

BeeGuy
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Line snappin and thats 80 or 100 pound line that had spooled on those reels .

Sitting in the open with the lights open to all sorts of things really deterate the line in my opinion .

I should be able to cast 6 Oz's no issue with 80 lb or 100 lb test braided line .

def. should not break. I cast 6oz with 40# big game mono with no problems, ever.

03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
def. should not break. I cast 6oz with 40# big game mono with no problems, ever.

Yep Agreed . I had a look at my eyelets thinking that the ceramic might of been cracked or broken but that was not the case 100 % line fail . You should hear the snap followed by lovely language following doing so .