PDA

View Full Version : Bear Baiting in WMU 320 and 324

GillieSuit
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Howdy folks,

Does anyone know where I can find the newly defined boundaries for these zones with regards to bear baiting. I know portions of them are now closed to avoid conflicts with grizzly bears. Anyway if anyone knows more on this and where I can find out the new zones that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

trashheap
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I got them at the Rocky Fish and Wildlife office. The Prairie Creek Highway is the boundry for 324. South of that no Baiting North still can. They have maps there to show you exactly.

GillieSuit
03-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Howdy folks,

Found the information I needed from the Rocky office. Basically in WMU 320 everything west of HWY 22 is closed and in WMU 324 everything south of Prairie Creek Hwy is closed.

Regards,

medicmoose
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
What are you calling the prairie creek hwy? Is it 752? Sure has been alot of griz show up there in the last few years.

Matt

GillieSuit
03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
The actual boundary is the north boundary of TWP 37. Everything south of that line is closed. This corresponds closely to the highway that goes west of 22 past the turn offs to ironside pond, Mitchell Lake and crosses prairie creek just west of EverDale Road. I can't remember what number this hwy is.

Anyway that is what is on the maps provided by fish and wildlife. I know there are more and more grizzlies poping up all over, but yet the managers keep telling us there are less than 600 bears remaining. All I can say is what ever.

Regards,