PDA

View Full Version : The Rapala R Type - Sturgeon set up

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
So Ive been talking with Mike Mitchell of BC outdoors as he did a show and review of the new Rapala Rtype Sturgeon rod and the Monster 3.0 rod and reel combo . Looks like a very well built set up . I was talking about this in the General Discussion , as the Fishing hole sale is coming this weekend . I am praying to the fish gods they have this set up there to at least look at .

Anyway here's a few pictures of this set up and a little information .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/adc7a4a7-1.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/c7bb89e0-1.jpg

You can also go to this link which is the 2012 Rapala Catalog.

http://issuu.com/jonylarri/docs/rapala_-_catalogo_2012_canada?mode=window&pageNumber=18

hunter49
03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
oh....ok.....

sureshot
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Looks like a nice setup. To bad the rod is a 1 piece.

Andy

Alberta Bigbore
03-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Looks like a nice setup. To bad the rod is a 1 piece.

Andy

1 piece adds strength. All of my St Croix's are one piece, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

pike_king780
03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
hoiw mch for that setup?

Geezle
03-21-2012, 10:18 PM
1 piece adds strength. All of my St Croix's are one piece, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

You say that like you actually go fishing! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Alberta Bigbore
03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
You say that like you actually go fishing! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Nothing wrong with retiring. LoL But your right, I went from fishing 6 days a week to 3 times a year...by choice in pursuit of other things.

steve
03-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Thats a fraser/columbia river setup. Big time over kill on thr NSR if you do happen to detect a bite with the stiff tip and hook into one.

Albertafisher
03-21-2012, 10:50 PM

1 piece is the way to go for bait casters and heavy actions rods!

gramps73
03-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Bbj
I have fished this set up on the Farser and it is a great set for any sturgeon fishing.
Great rod and reel for the money
G73

Geezle
03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Nothing wrong with retiring. LoL But your right, I went from fishing 6 days a week to 3 times a year...by choice in pursuit of other things.
Let me know when you're going on one of those 3 outings this season and I'll do my damnedest to come join ya :)

Thats a fraser/columbia river setup. Big time over kill on thr NSR if you do happen to detect a bite with the stiff tip and hook into one.
Didn't you know...overkill is the name of the game! :sHa_shakeshout:

1 piece is the way to go for bait casters and heavy actions rods!

This is mostly true, though for many people a 1 piece rod just isn't practical. I have given away a couple 1 piece rods because I just can't keep them in my Jeep and transport them around safely without worrying about breaking the tip off. For most situations a 2 piece will do the job just fine. :)

Alberta Bigbore
03-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Let me know when you're going on one of those 3 outings this season and I'll do my damnedest to come join ya :)

I guess I shouldn't say I've retired. Just put fishing on the back burner. Been spoiled by fishing in Manitoba. I do plan on spending alot of open water time on the Pembina river close to some of the areas I hunt.

Kyle
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Been spoiled by fishing in Manitoba.

Theres no good fishing in MB...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

buckbrushoutdoors
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
With a rod tip that stiff you would miss way to many bites. IMO that setup is garbage to lite for the Fraser and way to heavy for the NSR. Ahh but what the heck do I know.

czoom
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Looks great to me. I also like that its a 1 piece.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
With a rod tip that stiff you would miss way to many bites. IMO that setup is garbage to lite for the Fraser and way to heavy for the NSR. Ahh but what the heck do I know.

I hear what your sayin and I probably agree , as Might not stick with that rod , would be nice to see the rod before one makes any choices on buying it , but it is a nice set up . This is actually the setup that Mike Mitchell from BC Outdoors magazine / TV show uses for Them giants . This is who I got the information from as I emailed him to see if he did a product review on it .