PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rican Sailfish Slide Show...

elnino54
03-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Managed to get out again this week for Sailfish with a buddy. The wife and I landed two Sails each on Fly rods..........also managed a couple Yellowfin Tuna for the table to boot. If your interested have a look at a couple slide shows I put together with music...so make sure your speakers are turned on....Cheers....

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/gallery/elnino54/

Drano
03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Nice pics ... thanks for sharing...

Cowtown guy
03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
:cool: Ok that was something else. I have been thinking about going to Costa Rica for a while now but that pretty much made up my mind. Whereabouts is this in Costa Rica?

lilsundance
03-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

elnino54
03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Cowtown Guy..........This was out of Quepos on the central west coast. Or you can go out of Los Suenos (www.lsrm.com) in Herradura, just north of Jaco where they have a very nice Marina if you have very deep pockets.

We raised over 2 dozen sailfish for the day and had 8-9 eat a fly..........something you have to see to believe.......if we were using conventional gear we probably would have had over a dozen sails for the day....lol

Rigg dogg
03-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Great pics. Good sized Sail in that last picture.
I have been down to Quepos several times, had good fishing on every trip. Did you see any Marlin? Have you tried for Rooster's? they are a blast to catch on light gear. We managed to get 2 Blues on 1 of the trips down there. Had some great Dorado fishing as well, but that was in November.
I love that place:love: :love: Lots to do there. Some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen.
If you haven't tried it already go to Bamboo Jam for super, great place. Good Cevichi down at the PLANE as well.
I think I might have to go book a flight now.
Hey, one last question. Are they done building the new Marina?

elnino54
03-09-2008, 12:09 PM
The new Marina is under construction as we speak and they've approved another down in Golfito. Haven't tried for Roosters for 10 years, but have caught them outside the surf along Jaco and off the rocks at Isla Herradura. We did see one blue marlin but he only followed one bait a short distance, and he looked huge compared to the sails, especially from the Tower on the boat. I did catch one quite a fews years back on the Furuno Bank that the mates figured would go about 350 or so..........what a battle. A couple weeks back we did get one Dorado and missed a few others. This last trip we had what the Captain figured was a wahoo smash one of the teasers but we never saw him..........lol

Ray
03-10-2008, 07:50 AM
You're killing me with the pictures buddy. But don't worry, I'm making sure all the work piling up on your desk here at the office is stacked neatly for your return.

elnino54
03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Ray...............Your not surfing this website while at work are you ????? By the way, can you draw me a map showing me how to get back to the office, i'm not sure I can remember how to get there........lol

Ray
03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Only on sanctioned break times...:innocent:

...it's right down the grey brick road, left at dreary lane.:(

magic99
03-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Nice pics elnino54!!! However I am planning a trip to San Joce, Costa Rica and I have never been there. Do you know if the fishing is good there or have any info?

Thanks