PDA

View Full Version : Tfh boat and fishing show today!

edmonton floater
03-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Hey guys and gals!
Super pumped this morning for the Boat and Fishing Show!
Anyone else going to spend way to much money today? :sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie Black R/T
03-22-2012, 08:02 AM
ill be there after work hunting for a decent price on an HDS.

Maybe a new fly setup.

Couldnt hurt to look at a new minn kota for the boat either.....sheesh...i better clear the old visa off :sign0161:

edmonton floater
03-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Ya I cleared mine first thing this morning lol!
Gonna see how bad I can warp it today!

bigdeer91
03-22-2012, 08:15 AM
holp thay got good deals on inflatables looking in to getting a 12foot .:sHa_shakeshout:

sureshot
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
I'll be there when the doors open.

Andy

coyotezh
03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I'll be there when the doors open.

Andy

Sorry, where is it this time? The boat show was just over last weekend, wasn't it?

Jamie
03-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Well guys once you have cleared out all the sales, make sure you stop by our booth.
We will be in 36A.
One extremly sweet deal for A/O members.

Thanks
Jamie

sureshot
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
It's at the mayfield.

Andy

Mike_W
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Is Campers village still part off this?

Im in the market for a new sleeping bag and I know that they had some good deal in years past.

bobalong
03-22-2012, 09:21 AM
ill be there after work hunting for a decent price on an HDS.

Maybe a new fly setup.

Couldnt hurt to look at a new minn kota for the boat either.....sheesh...i better clear the old visa off :sign0161:

I would check out the Humminbird line of sonars when you are there as well. Over the past few years Humminbird has become the leader in leading edge sonar IMO, and continues this fall with the realease of the 360 transducer for all the SI units.

Jamie Black R/T
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I would check out the Humminbird line of sonars when you are there as well. Over the past few years Humminbird has become the leader in leading edge sonar IMO, and continues this fall with the realease of the 360 transducer for all the SI units.

will do.

thanks

edmonton floater
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Well guys once you have cleared out all the sales, make sure you stop by our booth.
We will be in 36A.
One extremly sweet deal for A/O members.

Thanks
Jamie

I will be there when the doors open!

coachman
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
What model is that Bobalong, Had this discussion at the WSS booth last week but I can not find it on the web site. I will be there Friday and would like to continue the discussion on linking up to my 798 cl si.

Thanks

Yéil
03-22-2012, 09:39 AM
We're going to head up on Sat.

steveo955
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
any idea if they will let dogs in? i will have the new pup with me today and was hoping i could get in with her

Bhflyfisher
03-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Should be there around 7:30, leave some sweet deals for me! I'm looking for and green islander fly reel, but thats doubtful, also going to pick up a line for the salt. Heading to Bonita springs Florida come sunday morning at 11am.

bobalong
03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
What model is that Bobalong, Had this discussion at the WSS booth last week but I can not find it on the web site. I will be there Friday and would like to continue the discussion on linking up to my 798 cl si.

Thanks

The 360 willl work on the following SI models but is not going to be released until the end of August. MSRP (US) at this time is in the 2K range.They are still field testing and are looking at adding a few features, one being marked footage scales from the boat to the outer "circle" to make distance identification easier. The first sonar to show information up to 150 feet in all directions with a real time readout similar to radar, going to be pretty amazing I think. You will be able to view a complete 360 or each direction individually and be able to zoom in on 360 veiw or each direction for improved detail. A lot of the info and technology is still pretty protected (from Humminbird) but I will be in the booth for the rest of the week and try to answer any questions you may have.
As of the official release only the current Ethernet Systems on the 798ci HD, 898c, 998c, and 1198c can operate the 360 Imaging. Units already in the field will only need software update that Humminbird will provide at no charge to allow the 360 Imaging to connect to models that are already in the field. The only ethernet unit not compatible at this time is the 1197c which the internal working of the Ethernet system are different...my understanding they are reviewing to see if future compatibility will be adaptable.

Walleye101
03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I won't be going. Wish I was though. Spent all my money on a New Lund Impact 1775 last weekend at the sportsman show.:sHa_shakeshout:

Darren N
03-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Remember bring a bag for the foodbank.

fishnfoo
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM

Does Humminbird have units with broadband sonar?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Is Campers village still part off this?

Im in the market for a new sleeping bag and I know that they had some good deal in years past.

Nope , I will be going Friday or Saturday just not sure which yet . Ive got 500 bucks to pick up 4 rod and reel set ups already know what Im getting just hoping to get a deal or two .

Sea Hawk
03-22-2012, 01:42 PM
they told me at the fishing hole that Campers village would not be there this year due to a scheduling problem with the mayfield and there was to be a boat display instead.

YeeHaw
03-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I willbe there tonight, just got to somehow tell the other half:sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie
03-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Well, we made it. You will find us directly beside the A/O booth.
Please drop by and say hello.
Make sure you ask about the A/O special.
Killer deal for sure!!!

Jamie

edmonton floater
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Just finished up in the show, Picked up a new Abu Garcia Rod and a set of Muck boots to complete the wader setup.
Awesome show! Lots of awesome deals!

mosbos
03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Got a good deal on a 6 weight G Loomis rod, fly line and titanium steel leaders. Entered a few raffles and made it home on the slick roads. Life is good. Bring on April 1st and the start of river fishing for trout!

Willowtrail
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Just got home a few dollars lighter. Couple new bait casters and some cheap rods to throw them on. Lots of rods at 40% off. About 8 less there now after me and my buddies got into them.

Also got a smokin deal on a new Amundson Fly rod 9wt.
Bring on spring pike at Wab...

Picked up some free swag from the reps as well. Had a good chat with Vic from STS Guiding Service.

Nickote316
03-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Had a wicked time tonight. New owner of a 5wt Redington CT classic rod and a 5/6wt Amundson TXS fly reel. Now I have to learn how to fly fish ;). Had a good chat with Paul at the AO booth and bought a bunch of magazines. Spent a good of time BSing with a bunch of reps. Liked this show alot more than the boat and sportsman show.

03-22-2012, 10:57 PM
who was there as for boat sales ?

Lefty-Canuck
03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, we made it. You will find us directly beside the A/O booth.
Please drop by and say hello.
Make sure you ask about the A/O special.
Killer deal for sure!!!

Jamie

Was nice meeting you today Jamie. Will more than likely be talking to you about a trip at some point!

LC

03-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Pretty sure I should of been banned from attending this event .

Meet up with Jamie , had a Chat with Jamie and Rob from the forum , was good to see them both . Ran into a few other AO folks . It was a good show far better in my opinion then the sportsmen show , Thats likely my view I like the fact you can talk to the company reps .

Then it was time to spend a little money .

Looked at that Rapala Sturgeon rod and Monster 3.0 reel not sensitive in my opinion I kind of thought that , still may pick one up or even the catfish one as I am wanting to head East to have another date on the Red River .

Bought myself
a few of them Hydrostatic Mustang PFD's Needed them for the boat the price was right 200 bucks a piece rather then 250 or whatever they are .
Then It was time to pick up a few reels and rods , picked up the Shimano Tekota 600 size reel Fishin hole didnt have any lucky the fella from Shimano had one in his booth and sold me that one . Picked up a couple Okuma Convector then a couple Shimano Sahara reels and a bunch of rods for my reels .

Spent over a 1100 bucks but its all good quality stuff now to go threw the old stuff , and put some of it up for sale .

FishingFrenzy
03-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Went last night, got a new TFO fly reel and a bunch of lures.

Drooled over some jet boats... if only I had 25 grand......

Overall a good sale! I did miss having campers village there however, there was some camping stuff I wanted to pick up ;(

Darren N
03-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Was nice meeting you today Jamie. Will more than likely be talking to you about a trip at some point!

LC

Going this afternoon.I'll look out for you guys.