PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Place or Wrong Time?!?!?!?!?

ukrmaf
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I have spent the last four days searching for perch at lakes that i have caught nice sized perch in the past, i hear this is the time of year before they spawn, i have tried absolutly every type of bait and hook combination in every kind of presentation and with absolutly no luck at all, all i see on the aquavu, and catch are tons of 2-4" minnow perch, although i have limited access to roam around the lakes since my ski-doo was not cooperating in the wet snow, it was the sam result at hope, n.buck, and mornville.

Just wondering if there are any suggestions from anyone, or is everyone in the same boat.

SNAPFisher
03-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Only thing I could add is likely wrong place. It does seem that one has to work a bit harder to find the big ones but I'm sure they are out there at the little honey holes of AB. I can't speak from experience this year. I have not bothered to target them since it is very tough to get around in areas like NB1. I might try at Cold Lake yet this year to find some humpies. It would be my first attempt for them at Cold so I'm adjusting my expectations.