PDA

View Full Version : DST Sucks

Suka
03-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Man I hate daylight saving time. All it does is drag us down twice a yr. Back to getting up in the dark. I'm with Sask. on this one.

Duk Dog
03-10-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm loving the extra daylight in the evening. More time after work to do stuff outside.

duffy4
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Now I can go shed hunting after work. I like it.

Bushrat
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Man I hate daylight saving time. All it does is drag us down twice a yr. Back to getting up in the dark. I'm with Sask. on this one.

I don't understand, how does it drag you down?? Change the clock, go to bed, get up in the morning. Whats the problem?

Canuck44
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm loving the extra daylight in the evening. More time after work to do stuff outside.

Exactly, this is how it should be all the time!! get rid of the switching into the dark for 4-5 months it serves no purpose.

duffy4
03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
In the fall I like to sneek out for a little hunting in the afternoon after work (or even knock off work a little early after working through lunch break) When the time "falls back" I loose that hour of hunting light. I don't like that much.

Robin in Rocky

Rust
03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I think we should stay on this time all yr round so that there is that extra hour in the evening for hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Piker
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Saskatewan is on dst but year round so they dont have the inconveince of changing twice a year. Hopefully we will all do the same in the near future.

Donny Bear
03-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Once again I will have enough light after work to hit the range YeeHaw no complaints from me Sask will change when the economy gets moving and they want to be in sync with the majority of North America.

willy
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Sask not on dst they just in the central time zone they dont move there clocks. On the farm it makes no differance still gotta do the work.

TheClash
03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
personally i like it.....not sure why.....other than it makes me feel like time is moving along and we are one step closer to spring.

FiveO
03-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I HATE IT. Been late for work the last two days it sucks getting up in the dark. Only benefit is dont have to get up as early to fishing and.....??? thats about it.

nekred
03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Having grown up where you do not have to switch to DST was nice!...

DST takes awhile to get used to!....

Now the time we switch is bad. I drive east to get to work!....

In fall and spring just when we get sun out of our eyes on drive in, we switch times and go through it all over again for another month! Lots of accidents caused on yellowhead from people driving with too little follow distance and sun in eyes!.... can't see brake lights ahaead!

Copidosoma
03-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Having grown up where you do not have to switch to DST was nice!...

DST takes awhile to get used to!....

Now the time we switch is bad. I drive east to get to work!....

In fall and spring just when we get sun out of our eyes on drive in, we switch times and go through it all over again for another month! Lots of accidents caused on yellowhead from people driving with too little follow distance and sun in eyes!.... can't see brake lights ahaead!

I have the same problem. There are a few days around solstice when the sun comes up right where the highway meets the horizon. You just about have to pull over.
:cool:

SNIPER
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I think we should stay on this time all yr round so that there is that extra hour in the evening for hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

We should stay on one or the other. Preferably this one.

Piker
03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Sask. was never in the central time zone it was always mountain time with dst in the summer. several yrs ago they decided to stay on dst which is the way it should be here.

cujo1969
03-11-2008, 04:37 PM
http://www.timetemperature.com/tzca/canada_time_zone.shtml

Most of Saskatchewan Canada observes Central Standard Time year round and does not observe Daylight Saving Time. The city of Lloydminster is an exception. Lloydminster uses Mountain Time and also observes Daylight Saving Time. You can use the guide below to find current times in Saskatchewan.
They seem to disagree with you piker

gunslinger
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
it was nice all winter when bc and alberta were on the same time, i went to town the other day and now dawson creek is one hour behind again, jeez takes me about 3 times to learn about this.

TheClash
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
with how people go on, on here about ballistics, bullet weights, calibers, scoring, etc it is amazing to me that changing the clock and hour in either direction causes so much confusion and trouble...??:) :scared: :scared: haha

Piker
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
It was called mst when i lived there which was half my life. We changed to dst in spring and back in fall. Mst with dst is the same as cst. When they said it was cst obviously I was not there. They did a lot of backward things in those days due to the CCF govt in mhop