PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger on TV

sheephunter
03-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Just finished watching Gunsliger's bighorn hunt and it was pretty incredible to see the emotion involved. For a guy that's travelled the world as much as Pat and taken has many animals as he has, it was really cool to see what hunting really meant to him. You can't fake that kind of emotion...congrats again Pat!

Alberta Bigbore
03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Airing again? What show?

sheephunter
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Airing again? What show?

Outdoor Quest TV...all this week.

trapshooter
03-26-2012, 01:19 PM

Perfect just got wildtv and a PVR!

roger
03-26-2012, 01:22 PM
ya!! i caught it too..
well done Pat and family!
OQ gets a nod for promoting it too!

Toe823
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Yep, you can feel the emotion...even when talking to Pat about hunting, you can feel the passion and excitement...was a great episode...

Ruko
03-26-2012, 01:52 PM
:character0110: I just watched it too, great show :sHa_shakeshout:

Huntnut
03-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Just watched it-great job Pat.

newguy
03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
an amazing accomplishment no doubt. seeing his reactions and that awesome attitude was great to watch... your right, can't fake that emotion...

great plug for ODQ too...

Sledhead71
03-26-2012, 03:02 PM

Nice, will have to check it out !

Alberta Bigbore
03-26-2012, 03:04 PM

right on... Should be recorded on the pvr then for when I get home....

Btw TJ...... Really enjoying this seasons shows and the newer intro.

sheephunter
03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Here's the times.

Monday 12:30 pm
Wednesday 7:30 pm
Thursday 8:00 am
Friday 11:00 am

Thanks Bigbore...we did have a dream season last year!

2012 Show Schedule

Episode #1:

T.J. And Vanessa head to New Zealand to hunt for red stag and Arapowa ram.

Episode #2:

Rich and Sandi travel to Wyoming for spring turkey with Trophy Ridge Outfitters and then get together with John Porter for some long-range prairie dog shooting.

Episode #3:

T.J. travels half way around the world to hunt Marco polo sheep and Mid-Asian ibex in Kyrgyzstan.

Episode #4:

Rich and Sandi are hunting the Dark Continent with Wild Horizon, for kudu and springbok.

Episode #5:

Vanessa has a close up encounter with a grizzly when she takes a huge boar at only 9 yards in the Yukon.

Episode #6:

Sandi is in Africa hunting the beautifully ugly Black wildebeest and then joins Rich for some BC salmon fishing with Terrace Sportfishing.

Episode #7:

T.J. and Vanessa hunt for chamois and fallow deer in New Zealand with Gerald Telford.

Episode #8:

Greg Johnson gunsmith from Corlane's hosts Rich and Sandi for a spectacular BC goat hunt.

Episode #9:

T.J. heads over to run some black bears with hounds in British Columbia and then Vanessa does battle with a seven foot sturgeon in the Fraser River.

Episode #10:

Rich is joined on a Wyoming antelope hunt with Ralph of Trophy Ridge Outfitters by his son Matt and then Rich tags along for Matt's late season cow elk hunt in Alberta.

Episode #11:

T.J. and Vanessa tackle the tahr mountains of the South Island in New Zealand on foot for not one but two monster tahr.

Episode #12:

Sandi hunts the African Bushveld for Zebra and Rich chases warthog with Guy Swart of Wild Horizon.

Episode #13:

Quest Crew member Mike Kimble hunts monster moose in Alberta and then TJ and Vanessa search for the elusive tyee salmon with Great Pacific Salmon Lodge.

Episode #14:

Rich and Sandi chase bighorn and then we join pro staff Pat Garrett on his quest for his grand slam of NA sheep and the completion of his NA 29.

Hunter Trav
03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Thats a whole lot of traveling, you guys should try filming more hunts in Alberta, might be more economical for ya...

209x50
03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Thats a whole lot of traveling, you guys should try filming more hunts in Alberta, might be more economical for ya...
Only so many critters we can kill in Alberta every year and our success rate isn't as high as we'd like on many hunts, LOL! But that is hunting, right?

huntinstuff
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I watch them all, but that Episode 5 is one I just cant wait to see

Then again, I would rather watch Rich and TJ read the phone book for a half hour than watch Stan Potts shoot a world record deer....

Its all in the personality, and OQ has that

TBark
03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to see it.
I just ordered the channel for $2.95 / mo.

TBark

Huntnut
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
I watch them all, but that Episode 5 is one I just cant wait to see

That was a good one all right-very intense.

Duk Dog
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Going to have to wait till Wed evening, and break down to get a PVR one of these days. Looking forward to seeing the hunt, it was good to meet Pat at the WSF dinner and get to see his ram as well.

Thinlizzy
03-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Just phoned the wifey to set the dvr for me.
Can't wait! You guys to a good job I really enjoy your show!
Hurray for Gunslinger!:sHa_shakeshout:

pottymouth
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanx for the heads up! I'll definatly have to pvr that one!
I enjoyed the TJ's marco polo, i'll have to check out Vanessa's bear hunt too !

gunslinger
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Wicked guys i only have been able to see some of the footage with no volume but i really want to thank my wife for catching that all on video, she has been thorugh thick and thin with me.

Also to the outdoor quest boys for putting the footage over the alst couple years on tv, Its great for the kids and fellow hunters to see for sure. My little niece called me on the phone today and says , UNCO U ON TV. it was so cute i will never forget that. Nothing like a big old ram looking down on ya.

the wall
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
That was a great show all around. It had a good family theme. Congrads Pat on a nice ram and your great accomplishment on the North American slam.

Alberta Bigbore
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Just finished watching the episode. That was a great show. You could really see Pat appreciated that ram.

bearbuster
03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Watched it earlier today. Im sure Gunslinger gets the shakes on his 100th critter as bad as he did on his first! Cool hunt to watch

hayseed
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Good stuff Pat, man you gotta stop out at Dads place one of these years when we make camp in the back 40 in November...been too long.. once again, congrats man....:)

SHORTMAG
03-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Congrats Pat!!....Can't wait till I see it !! There's not a more deserving person WTG!!

.....awwwwwww......Mannnnn...I just went thru our listings here in NS...I'll get to see it tomorrow night at 10:30 PM....sighhhhh....gonna be like waiting for friggin santa to come :D

Rocks
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I can't believe Slinger got excited ;), looking forward to catching it on Wednesday!!

recurve
03-26-2012, 11:26 PM
That was really cool to see. Big congrats to Pat.

I recognized that trail on the way in. I've rode it many times. Brings back lots of good memories. I'm taking my 16 year old boy sheep hunting this year for the first time. Now he will be able to see why I get get so excited about going to the mountains and experiencing the magic of being up there. Nothing like it in my mind.

drake
03-27-2012, 07:00 AM
copngrats the OQ crew for a great show! keep up the good work

Double Shovel
03-27-2012, 08:30 AM
I watched it yesterday, it was great to see it all come together for you, congrats again
Curtis

Hunter Trav
03-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Only so many critters we can kill in Alberta every year and our success rate isn't as high as we'd like on many hunts, LOL! But that is hunting, right?

Yeah I know, I was just ribbing you guys is all. A lot of those hunts you did would be pretty sweet to try someday... :D

209x50
03-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah I know, I was just ribbing you guys is all. A lot of those hunts you did would be pretty sweet to try someday... :D
Ya I figured you were goofing around. I answered though because there are those that believe we get special tags or extra tags because of the show and nothing could be further from the truth.

Hunter Trav
03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Ya I figured you were goofing around. I answered though because there are those that believe we get special tags or extra tags because of the show and nothing could be further from the truth.

Yeah, sure...:D

steve
03-28-2012, 08:35 AM
slingers ram is on tonight at 1930?

sheephunter
03-28-2012, 08:42 AM
slingers ram is on tonight at 1930?

Yup on Wild TV at 7:30pm.

Sooner
03-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Hello Sheephunter and 209x50, does your show get put on DVD, like season 1, 2 etc? If so where do we find them for sale?

Thanks

sheephunter
03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
No we don't Sooner...sorry. They do get posted on-line, however, after the season is over.

Sooner
03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks, will look them up on line. I got to get with the program and get Wild TV.

Warrior
03-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Just watched the show with Pat..... Great show. I would love to meet Pat one day and shake his hand... Congrates again on your Grand Slam

Juicy
03-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Just seen the show myself tonight and thought it was pretty unreal as well. Was curious if you are the youngest to complete the slam and what age if you don't mind me asking. Got to say Pat I felt damm proud of ya for shooting that ram watching it on TV I can't imagine being there in person. It's pretty cool having that support from the wife. Wish you all the best and mighty fine job this year guy's on the new look and the quality of show's that Outdoor quest is putting out. Hope you guy's keep it up.

SHORTMAG
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I FINALLY got to see Gunslinger on Wild TV.....Mannnnn...WHAT a hunt!! Pat...a big congrats on finishing your NA 29 dream!! I could feel your excitement as you spoke....the same as if I was standing there with you!! Your proud passion for your hunting, your family, and your family hunting together...past and present, shines like a beacon!!! !! Well done man, WELL DONE!!!.....Shortmag

alpineguy
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Had to go to my hunting buddy's place to watch the show because I don't have WTV.
WOW!! what a great bighorn hunt Gunslinger. That was truley a well deserved ram and to have your wife capture it all on video would have to be the best!!
Congrats again!

icefisher11
03-28-2012, 08:55 PM
No doubt a Great Hunt. Makes a guy want to get up there. :sHa_shakeshout:

Rocks
03-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Caught the episode tonight, and it was a good one! Slinger has a passion for hunting that is second to none and boy can you see it in the emotion he shows! I know how much that ram meant to Pat and that was too cool to see it on video. Couldn't get much better having your wife there to film that.

I loved seeing #29 taken with gramps gun too, that was awesome.

Congrats again Slinger on your Grand Slam and the NA29!!

gunslinger
03-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Caught the episode tonight, and it was a good one! Slinger has a passion for hunting that is second to none and boy can you see it in the emotion he shows! I know how much that ram meant to Pat and that was too cool to see it on video. Couldn't get much better having your wife there to film that.

I loved seeing #29 taken with gramps gun too, that was awesome.

Congrats again Slinger on your Grand Slam and the NA29!!

Rocks thanks a million for helping me saddle up that day and to get the wife all situatied on her horse. She was kind of a rodeo there at first. Thanks for lending me some of the tack and everything you did in the staging area that day, will never forget that man.

I was 36 years and 5 months old when i finished the superslam, That was one of the best things i did was start and finish the superslam with granpas 300 lever action savage.

I especially want to thank the outdoor quest show for a outstanding job on the videos they have done on some of the hunts over the past couple years. Rich and TJ my mom and dads house was full and the phone was ringing off the hook last night, You hit the ball out of the park this year with your episodes and on that show and i really want to thank you guys for everything you have done for me by showing the kids and friends some of the adventures i was able to go on. Very professional job tj and Rich

decker
03-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Had it marked on my calendar for over a month to watch. And I must say that I could feel the emotion you had Pat. It looked like the perfect Bighorn hunt. Can't wait to watch it again.

Tundra Monkey
03-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanx for taking us along on the ride Slinger'. I really enjoyed watching you go through this on here and on OQ. The bighorn hunt was amazing :happy0180:

209 and SH....the show was really well done as usual. You guys had a great season of episodes with some pretty impressive hunts :happy0034:

tm

walleyechaser
03-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Great show. Thanks for letting us in on your hunting accomplishment pat

Jamie Black R/T
03-29-2012, 08:22 AM
We all know that rush of emotion....panic..joy...tears...its very overwhelming

Its also the reason we do this.

This episode was HANDS DOWN the best of Outdoor Quests career and probably the best ive seen on WildTV. The interview and lead up gives a great look into who Pat is as a man and you cant help but feel you're cheering on a dear old friend when he takes that ram.

Awesome stuff boys...thanks to all involved for sharing with us.

bubbagodkin
03-29-2012, 08:22 AM
I really enjoy outdoor quest its my favorite show... actually shows the skill and effort that goes into hunting....unlike some of the shows on wild tv.

whitetailsheds
03-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Great to see the finish to your 29 Pat! Thanks for taking us along! That emotion runs deep...... until she's all done. It hits ya on the surface like a freight train....hard to keep it under tabs!!! Good on you for involving your better half! Good job taping Brandie!

WILD T
03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
We all set goals in life, HUGE congrats Pat to making your goal a reality.

Jason

bonecollector10
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Watched the episode lastnight all I can say is it was awesome. I was watching it with my mom whos a non hunter and after the shot she was like omg hes seizuring is he ok? Why isnt his wife helping him? haha great to see that much emotion involved, pretty special.