PDA

View Full Version : 3 Burner cast iron stove...

Bushmaster
03-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know who sells something like this in Alberta ?

Here's a link to one at Cabelas...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/readonly-item.jsp?id=512535&itemTemplate=products-found&cmCat=EOF

CaberTosser
03-11-2008, 09:40 AM
I used to see ones like that at Ribtor's original location on 11th Ave in Calgary. They had a great selection of them last time I was in, actually the best I've seen for such burners, I'd looked around a lot for a good burner for my chili cookoff cauldron, a massive beast which I also bought there. I've not been into their warehouse location since they closed the historic store, but I imagine they'll still have similar inventory.
http ://www.ribtor.com/

Another place I saw some good ones was at a chinese restaurant supply store on Centre Street north at 10th Ave in Calgary, one block east from the main doors to Crescent Heights High School. They had quite a few, obviously for large stock pots, some that would have single, double or even triple ring burners, with a valve for each ring. These burners I imagine may have been set for nat gas orifices instead of propane though. Know what you're getting though, as propane will overfire when run through a nat gas orifice, and nat gas will underfire when run through a propane orifice. The whole store was full of neat cooking stuff you don't see elsewhere, and it was all quite frugally priced. I don't have a phone # or store name for them, but unless you speak Mandarin or Cantonese I think you'd not do well on the phone with them anyhow. Its worth mentioning for the fellows in cowtown who are looking for similar treasures though.

I'm assuming you've already checked Wholesale Sports, but you may be one of the Wholesale "anti's". Costco has some nice heavy camp stoves in from time to time, but they may not be in their seasonal dept quite yet.

Bushmaster
03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the info, CT. Wished I lived closer to Calgary. And I've emailed Ribtor to see if they carry such a burner.