PDA

View Full Version : Some one have a idea of the value of this German made Mark V

25-06rem.model700
03-28-2012, 12:08 PM
We have a Weatherby Mark V chambered in 270 Weatherby. It says made in W.Germany right on the reciever, serial number is P5404. It has a 24inch barrel. Gun is in Mint condition also, the wood stock looks brand new and bluing is in good shape.

wwbirds
03-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Some people think they are the best others think the US were more accurate. $1200 to $1500. would be an educated guess on value depending on condition, wood etc.

ShawnM
03-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Some people think they are the best others think the US were more accurate. $1200 to $1500. would be an educated guess on value depending on condition, wood etc.

That's a pretty fair estimate. If the condition is excellent or near mint then you may get more. .270 being as popular a caliber as it is.

elkhunter11
03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
The 24" barrel makes it less desireable to some people, I would expect the rifle to be worth around $1200 in mint condition to most buyers. As far as the place of manufacture, some people actually think that the Japanese made guns are as high quality as any of them.

wwbirds
03-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard the German made ones are over bored and some feel the Japanese made ones are at least as accurate and maybe more accurate than the German ones. There was one in the Champion auction with dynamite wood in mint condition and I baled when it went over $1200.

GermanHunter
03-28-2012, 07:41 PM
For my knowledge they are made by Sauer und Sohn. So that's the best thing you can buy from the shelf ;)

Hauke

whitetail Junkie
03-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard the German made ones are over bored and some feel the Japanese made ones are at least as accurate and maybe more accurate than the German ones. There was one in the Champion auction with dynamite wood in mint condition and I baled when it went over $1200.

German\Japan\USA ive owned all 3 and they all shot very well\the same.

only thing I know for sure is that alot of the german made weatherbys that were imported into North america have more plain (cheaper) walnut stocks then the usa\Japan models.This is do to the fact that Sauer was selling the German made weatherbys which had the best(highly figured) walnut stocks to customers in europe and inturn were sending all the plain wood stock german weatherby rifles to north america.Roy weatherby was unaware of this for a long time,but when He figured out what was going on,he was'nt to happy....soon after Some Nice walnut stocks on German weatherbys finally made it to North america.

To the OP...i'd say it's about $1450.00 in mint condition.German weatherbys always sell the fastest.You better post some pictures of this Gem!

ceedub
03-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Somewhere in the $1200 to $1300 dollar range with the 24 inch barrel, add a hundred or two if you had the 26 inch tube.

Craig

Lefty-Canuck
03-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I would agree with you guys on the $1100-$1400 range. One guy I was talking to had a LH .340WBY for sale, German made.....wanted $3500 for it....now thats quite a stretch for that rifle.

LC

roger
03-29-2012, 11:15 PM
We have a Weatherby Mark V chambered in 270 Weatherby. It says made in W.Germany right on the reciever, serial number is P5404. It has a 24inch barrel. Gun is in Mint condition also, the wood stock looks brand new and bluing is in good shape.

are you pawning it or selling it??
cause ive got a buddy who is an expert that im gonna call and.......:)
.....in this downturned economy... im gonna go $200