PDA

View Full Version : best SxS??? under 2000

rugatika
03-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Let's hear your opinions...new or old. Been thinking of picking up an old LC Smith from the States if I could find one for around 2000. in a 20g decent shape preferably something more than a field grade....anything else I should be looking at??

greylynx
03-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Why do you like the L.C. Smith for oldies?

I you your able to have the stock removed before purchase you might be very surprised what a piece of crap you are getting.

Old greylynx has even been a bad kitty in selling Winchester Models 23s with broken yet repaired stocks.

huntinstuff
03-28-2012, 08:20 PM
There is an overpriced LC in Cabelas edmonton....

Catinthehat and I were there today

oldgutpile
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
For a budget under 2000.00, you could do a lot worse than the CZ line such as the ringneck. Most of these Huglu lines have awesome wood, and come with interchangeable chokes.
The browning sxs (BSS) is a good quality, but I find it a bit cumbersome and on the heavy side.
I would recommend that you stay away from the stoeger line. Most comments that I have heard of these are that they are high-maintenance (if i recall correctly, most of my freinds that had anything to do with these previously, swore to disown me if I brought one home with me!)
If you are looking for an "older" used/character gun, then the leige guns or the sauer royals should fit the bill, although I find they exist more in the 12 than 20 ga.
Any specific characteristics you are looking for? EG: chokes, hammers, antique,??

catnthehat
03-28-2012, 09:44 PM
There is alsp a Lefever thre that loked good, but the sales guys wer too busy telling war stories to come out of the office to see if wanted to buy anyhting.
I would hav if they showed some initiative, but I wasn't going through total SXS withdrawal, so managed to get out without purchasing anything!:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat