PDA

View Full Version : Today was a fine day for gun owners - Senate

huntinstuff
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Take the time to watch the Senate hearings today.

Parl Vu is the site.

Absolutely amazing testimony from the pro gun side.

Pathetic lies and rhetoric from the anti's.

Dr Langman slaughtered them. Absolutely slaughtered them with facts and common sense.

Vern White was stellar.

Murray Grimser was a champ as always.

The lib senators, with the exception of Baker, were misinformed babbling idiots.

I wish I could have been there in person.

I can't wait to go to the NFA Annual General Meeting in Ontario. I will be a guest speaker there. So many shooters and sportspeople to meet. It will be a blast

slingshot
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
here here

Albertadiver
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:

rwm1273
03-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Woo Hooo! Goodbye LGR!

baz
03-28-2012, 07:47 PM
I applaud all of your efforts for our common cause.
Thank you

creeky
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I applaud all of your efforts for our common cause.
Thank you

x2, great work Huntinstuff

CaberTosser
03-28-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll have to catch that when I get home to a real computer. Thanks for keeping us all informed Randy!

huntinstuff
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I think tomorrow is gonna be even better

Tony B is gonna rock them. Here is the line up

Bill C-19, An Act to amend the Criminal Code and the Firearms Act
Tony Bernardo, Executive Director (Canadian Shooting Sports Association)
Greg Farrant, Manager, Government Affairs and Policy (Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters)
Linda Thom (As an individual)

Linda is an Olympic gold medal shooter. Great lady!

Priscilla de Villiers (As an individual)

Priscilla's daughter was murdered by a recidivistic maggot, but she figures we need tough gun control. Basically she lumps us all into one group that, up until the day her daughter died, she couldnt have given a rats ass about

Benoît Laganière, Member (Groupe des étudiants et diplômés de Polytechnique pour le contrôle des armes (Polysesouvient))
Heidi Rathjen, Spokesperson (Groupe des étudiants et diplômés de

Heidi was an Ecole Polytech student who was present on the day of the shooting. Never saw anything, heard noises and it took two days for her to learn that two people she knew had been killed. She has been called a "survivor" of the shooting, but that is false. She is a big time anti gunner, who, like most other antis, couldnt have given a rats ass about guns until they were directly affected. Then of course, in true cowardly style, they go after gun owners instead of criminals.

She is gonna get chewed up and spit out tomorrow.

Polytechnique pour le contrôle des armes (Polysesouvient))
Steve Sullivan, Executive Director (Ottawa Victims Services)

HyperMOA
03-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Will the final vote be done tomorrow then? If so, when will the legislation be changed? Any idea?

Rocky7
03-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Here's the link:

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/Guide.aspx?viewmode=4&categoryid=-1&eventid=8120

If you spool it up and then open another browser window, you can do your thing while it loads. Dr. Langmann is in the last hour.

edit: Not working for me....? Never mind, finally it's loading..

huntinstuff
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Will the final vote be done tomorrow then? If so, when will the legislation be changed? Any idea?

No

Committee
Third reading (pending no ammendments)
Royal assent
Effective date

I was quite optimistic before. Then I was told by an MP that it would be before spring....... Then I was told maybe by Easter

Nobody knows when it will be done with. They really dont. Nobody

Albertadiver
03-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Getting it this far is truly an accomplishment Randy. Your efforts have had a direct effect on this.

I can't say thank you enough for bringing reason, logic, and passion to this effort that is going to benefit so many of us.

Looking forward to shaking your hand one day.

(and then weeping like a small child...)

IR_mike
03-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you!!!

Your efforts are much appreciated.

32-40win
03-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Just watched Calgary Chief Hanson on there, was fairly impressed with his points and his demeanor. At face value of his representation it was not unreasonable.

Alberta Bigbore
03-29-2012, 06:20 AM
your awesome Randy!:sHa_shakeshout:

TseJR
03-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Just watched Calgary Chief Hanson on there, was fairly impressed with his points and his demeanor. At face value of his representation it was not unreasonable.

????

I take huge exception that he wants basically "warrantless seaches".

I am sorry, but the police are to assist society, not rule it.

JR

depopulator
03-29-2012, 08:20 AM

????

I take huge exception that he wants basically "warrantless seaches". I am sorry, but the police are to assist society, not rule it. JR

Also that Chief Hanson suggested that the local Police be directly involved in reviewing PAL applications. As was stated numerous times, there is already a gross misunderstanding and lack of education of the application and enforcement of the Firearms Act by city police and RCMP. There is no shortage of examples of Police being inept in they're interpretation of the Firearms Act (never mind in provinces like Quebec where police appear to be anti-gun), and proposing to give them the capability to review and decide who should be issued a PAL is even scarier than the registry.

Jordan Smith
03-29-2012, 08:37 AM
proposing to give them the capability to review and decide who should be issued a PAL is even scarier than the registry.

No kidding.

Rod1960
03-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Wasn't it Det. Grismer that said that? Either way, bad idea.

One things for sure, the Liberal Senators from Quebec and the one from BC sure do get my blood pressure up.

(If it wasn't for ecole polytecnique and Dawson College what would these moon bats have to use for an example???)

heretohunt
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Is it too early to think of what to do with the surplus of funds once the registry is done? I vote for a split between law enforcement for childrens issues, a wildlife fund and cancer research. It is more likley that we will hear the term "missapropriation of funds" again though.:angry3:

twofifty
03-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Shredding & deleting the registry is shure to cost as much as an F35.

32-40win
03-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Educate the cops with it. Make it mandatory they be educated about it.
Maybe there is a way to help them on the searches, maybe there isn't.
Recording the contents of incoming shipments and product to the point of sale is a good business practice in my mind. The reason for it being asked for makes sense.
Local review of a PAL app, is the CFO office not doing some of that already?
I had to go downtown for an interview when I applied for the original FAC years ago, with Calgary police, not RCMP.
Calling for validation of a PAL and getting a reference nbr back on it, is covering your own butt. As long as it is "here is the PAL nbr, Is it any good?"
and the response being "yes, it's good, here is the ref nbr" No need for other questions to be asked during the call.

Rod1960
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
From Twitter:

Vic Toews ‏ @ToewsVic

One step closer to ending #LGR. Senate Committee passes bill unamended. Freedom for law-abiding gun owners soon.

drake
03-29-2012, 01:36 PM
great news!

ShawnM
03-29-2012, 02:26 PM
From Twitter:

I can't find any corroborating stories on the net.

Rod1960
03-29-2012, 02:31 PM
I can't find any corroborating stories on the net.

Neither can I???? Last story on Google search is 2 days old. Possible Vic has an inside track?

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/sigp226rfan/vt-1.jpg

sheephunter
03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Tis true:

The Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs has voted to report Bill C-19 unamended to the chamber. Bill C-19 removes the requirement to register non-restricted firearms, so-called “long guns”, and will require the destruction of all existing long gun registration information.

The committee voted along party lines, with seven Conservatives voting to pass the legislation, and five Liberals voting against it.

Various amendments were proposed by Liberal deputy chair Joan Fraser, including a requirement for businesses to keep records of transfers, and for individuals to be required to check purchaser’s licences with the Canadian Firearms Centre.

The committee heard from witnesses over four days that provincial Chief Firearms Officers in many provinces already require business transfer records be kept, and that it is already a criminal offence to sell or transfer a firearm to an unlicenced person.

Bill C-19 must now pass third reading in the Senate, which could happen as early as tomorrow, before receiving Royal Assent and becoming law.

Donkey Oatey
03-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Neither can I???? Last story on Google search is 2 days old. Possible Vic has an inside track?

Ya think? https://twitter.com/#!/ToewsVic http://www.victoews.com/

huntinstuff
03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Tis true:

Various amendments were proposed by Liberal deputy chair Joan Fraser, including a requirement for businesses to keep records of transfers, and for individuals to be required to check purchaser’s licences with the Canadian Firearms Centre.

Senator Joan Fraser.

She hates me. :sHa_shakeshout:

SkytopBrewster
03-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Like how the liberal senator whats her name was not interested in scientific facts she was more interested in an o:sign0161:pinion.

silver lab
03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
????

I take huge exception that he wants basically "warrantless seaches".

I am sorry, but the police are to assist society, not rule it.

JR

X100!! Hansons a idot!! Just because a cop thinks I look funny (which I do) he can search me?? Give me a brake!

ShawnM
03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Senator Joan Fraser.

She hates me. :sHa_shakeshout:

Joan Fraser is a hack... She only got appointed to the Senate because of all the favorable press she gave the Liberals. She was Chretien's pocket-editor for years. So much for the "Impartial Watchdog"...

west250
03-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Wow, how refreshing to hear some common sense after all these years!

west250
03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Senator Baker's a boob...

thunderheart
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:

lyallpeder
03-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Am I the only one that can't open the video? All I get is a squeal and no image, stupid Mac

wind drift
03-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Huntinstuff, THANK YOU!

west250
03-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Am I the only one that can't open the video? All I get is a squeal and no image, stupid Mac
It takes a bit to load...