PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a spot and stalk bear hunitng partner.

timsesink
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey Guys
I'm heading out either the second or third or fourth week of May for about 4 days of spot and stalk hunting bear hunting along with some calling. My wife has made it clear this is not to be a solo trip. I'm an experienced hunter however when it comes to bears I'm a new to the game. I have all my own gear just looking for someone to split gas with and do some bs'ing and enjoying of the great outdoors. I'm fairly flexible with dates. Places I'm looking at are Grande Cache, Nordegg or Swan Hill/Whitecourt area.

Hogie135
03-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey how's it goin? I'm planning a trip may 24 weekend for bear. Also thinking wmu 350 or 351 near Swan hills. I'm not experienced tho. just getting into hunting this year. Figure what better way to learn to hunt than going for bear first haha. I have all my own gear as well except a truck. front wheel drives dont do so well in the mud. let me know if youre ineterested in hunting with a newbie.

wolf308
03-30-2012, 06:25 AM
sounds like you two would do good to team up.

get a hold of me/remind me closer to the date if one of ya drops out ,i might come along. provide flank protection.

timsesink
03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
I'll drop you a PM, I'm planning on doing some calling. It's always good to have guy watching yer back! Man I'm so pumped to get back out with a rifle!

demolition101
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Same boat. Went out last year to swan hills area. No luck. New to bear hunting but would love to get out this spring. My schedule is all over the place. But closer to the dates would be interested in going out with someone.