PDA

View Full Version : pigeon help

slingshot
03-12-2008, 06:00 AM
A friend and his wife are coming for a weekend of fishing want to target whites.This year has been my worst and was hoping for one sucessfull day with atleast one fish.I want to head to pigeon but do not know acess from south side even though I am coming from the north I fished north side this year zyners,fishman home noda.
I use to fish the south mameo side many moons ago but last time out could not find acess to the lake.Any pointers would be appreciated.
Fished Gull last weekend the few whites I seen had yap control would open and close at the last second

Brian
03-12-2008, 09:12 AM
It's been a long time since I've fished Pigeon, but we used to access the lake on the south side at Crystal Springs. The turnoff from the highway was just west of the old MaMeO (sp?) gas station just west of the summer village. You went north to the lake and come to a T intersection just before the lake. Turn left and in a fairly short distance there is a Fish & Wildlilfe storage building (sort of run down appearance....used to be painted white) along the lake shore. We used to access there, or just beyond (to the west, north west) several hundred yards. It should be evident if the access is still there & is being used. We used to fish off to the left (out from a prominant point) in deep water, or to the right in shallower water. Perhaps everything's different now, but it is probably worth checking out. Otherwise, I'd just drive along that lakefront road & watch to see where people are getting on to the lake. Of course, there's always the Provincial Park farther west. That lake front road will eventually reach a paved highway which will take you to the park. Remember though, that it's been a long time since I've been there so things could be diffferent. Good Luck!

WillyP
03-12-2008, 10:23 AM
If you take highway 39 West from Leduc go through Calmar and when the highway bends to the South you turn into Thorsby, go straight through Thorsby and that road will take you directly onto the lake, very popular spot for whites, will see lots of vehicles there.