PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ruger No 1 Owner

kevpack
03-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Day off and off to the range, yeah, the newly reopened Lethbridge range. So after I remind myself that boresighters only getcha close I shoot 4 shots at 25 yards with the last two one ragged hole after scope adjustments. That's a good sign. This is a Ruger No. 1 single shot with the full stock, an RSI model, so I was only expecting 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards. These rifles look pretty but aren't supposed to shoot that well. I was also using the cheapest 270 win ammo I could find-Winchester 130 grain "PowerPoint" because nobody in Lethbridge seems to have any brass, I'll make my own stinkin brass. Lastly it is Lethbridge and a little breezy today.
First 3 at 100, .75inch, hmmm. Second three, warm barrel 1.28 inches, what the...Ok, I'll try 200 yards, break in shmake in.
Is that dust on my spotting scope, maybe a little mirage, I had to take a closer look. I hopped in the golf cart and putted down range to the 200 yard berm. 1.6 inches 2 football fields away. I looked around to see if anyone was laughing, I thought I was on candid camera.
A second group at 200 yards was 1.85 inches, I was swooning. I quickly packed up my stuff and scooped up my targets, I gotta change my address and phone number. Buy a lottery ticket. I keep lookin in my mirror for a police car. The price I got this from Wholesale Sports in Lethbridge has got to be some kinda crime.
I know it's not a .25 inch group like you benchresters get but this is the second consecutive No. 1 I've owned that shoots betternme.
Beauty day even if it is a little breezy, now what could my handloads do...?
I love this sport.:love0025:

catnthehat
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Congratulations!
i love ruger no.1's!:sHa_shakeshout:
Now, QUIT SHOOTING GROUPS WITH IT!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Shoot gongs every now and then, or a shot at a target from the different positions, but resist shootign groups off the bench at targets and you will alwys be hap wit it!:)
Cat

kevpack
03-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I had to see! I think I will always be happy with it, I regret selling the last one I had, Hell I regret selling every rifle I have ever sold!:angry3: