PDA

View Full Version : Looking for enlightenment, not a political circus

7mm08
04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
As the title states, I am looking for information about a political party. I have read a lot of info about the Wild Rose Party. They seem to have good intentions. My problem is; They have the same ideals as the Reform party, and in that context...its easy for a party to make promises and projections when they have never formed a governing party. I am frustrated with our current governing party, but will this party make it better?...or am I seeing purple smoke coming out of their trousers?
I believe in making an informed decision when casting a vote. I dont want this to become a mud slinging circus. Inform someone who is curious.
Thank you in advance for your time.

qballs
04-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I look at the fact that I am NOT happy at all with Redford and the direction they are taking. The other options are a joke, and this is my shot to send a message to the government. Do I want 4 more years of the red PC's? How many flip flops has Redford done already?

If the PC's get in again, I see a PST coming within the next year, an idea that they have already floated. I see deficit spending, and more intrusiveness into my life.

Twisted Canuck
04-01-2012, 04:15 PM
That has been my question for some time as well, 'Can they deliver on their promises, good intentions notwithstanding'.....the answer is: Only one way to find out. If they form the next government, we will see how they do. All I can say for sure is, the PC party has got to go, those hogs have been snout deep in the public trough for too damn long. The WR may not be full of experienced politicians and policy makers, but is that a bad thing? Professional political animals generally have only one goal, to continue at the trough. That is why they are such excellent campaign promise slingers, it keeps them around long enough to get fat off the public purse.

But perhaps I'm a bit jaded and cynical, there are some out there who seem to want to represent their constituents. Keep reading the various platform and policy positions of the parties, pick one that represents your ideals as closely as possible. No perfect fit out there, I tend to vote for the 'least evil'....although I like our WR candidate here so far.

7mm08
04-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Good points. I am not happy with Redford as a premier, But...has she done as bad as Stelmiach? Who had big shoes to fill after Ralph left. I am leaning toward a change and a shake up. But, I like to be informed before I cast my vote. Will it come back to bite me?
Just trying to see all sides.

Twisted Canuck
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I always wondered why some women stayed in abusive relationships too......

There is no guarantee that the WR or any other party will do better than the PCs, but you can pretty much be guaranteed that if the Redford is our Premier after the 23, there are going to be some changes coming down the pipe that we won't like!

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I am voting for ABR.....Anyone but Redford.....have been a long standing PC supporter but for the life of me I will NOT be putting an "X" next to the PC candidate in my riding.....this is a party vote this time around not an individual vote.

LC

7mm08
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I see the WRP as being the lessor of 2 evils. I dont want Redford back in office...no matter how much back peddling she has done...and I would rather slit my own throat than vote Liberal....so I am stuck...NDP or WRP?...the political race is on.

schian
04-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I am voting for ABR.....Anyone but Redford.....have been a long standing PC supporter but for the life of me I will NOT be putting an "X" next to the PC candidate in my riding.....this is a party vote this time around not an individual vote.

LC

I am in the same boat as you.
I'm good family friends with the PC in our riding and I know he has really good intentions , but I will not help Redford get back in as our premier so I am forced to look elsewhere and as it stands the WR party looks like our best bet.

Schian

Ken07AOVette
04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I would love to vote for WRP but the barrel scrapings they are offering in my riding prevent it 100%. I don't know if I should spoil my vote or vote PC.

I just can not in good conscious put that guy in a seat.

Kanonfodder
04-01-2012, 05:15 PM
The Reform party was idea whos time had come it then morphed and amalgamated the Federal PCs into the entity that now has a majority government....I didnt agree with all the Reform ideas when I joined the party then and I may not agree with WRP policies in some ares but politics is about compromise and evolution so that is why I support WRP as they are closest to what I believe...it is also a sense of the familiar as MANY of the WRP executive and members were former Reformers...