PDA

View Full Version : which shotgun to buy? need help

damienelliott
04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I am buying a new 12 guage I am leaning towards a benelli sbe2 but I'm not sure if that's what i want. What is everyone shooting and the pros and cons. Would be great thanks for any feed back

ShawnM
04-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I have a Winchester SX3 and love it. It has never jammed and cycles light loads, cheap ammo, etc. flawlessly. Costs a lot less than the Benelli too.

Okotokian
04-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't own one, but have shot one. If I were going to get a waterfowl only (or mostly) gun, and wanted to spend the coin, that would be the one. Love the weight, the camo..... A little rattle-y but I put that down to mechanical operation rather than gas. And I own a Beretta 391 Urika I'm quite happy with.

catnthehat
04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Of all the semis I have shot in the last few years, the Bennelli carbon sporting was the lightest and had the most defineable reduction in recoil, but by a very small margin.
They are all pretty danged good shotguns these days.
I was told by a pro exhibition shooter that the difference between the new CZ semi and the top of the line Benelli would only be noticed if a fella was shootng about 500 rounds per day.
You can buy 3 CZ's for the price 0f the top shelf Bennelli
Cat

elkhunter11
04-03-2012, 10:59 AM
The SX3, the Maxus, the Berettas, and the Benellis are all very reliable, but they fit very differently, so you need to find one that fits you properly. Some come with shims that help adjust the fit, but even with shims, some guns just don't fit as well as others do.

dadof5
04-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Love the SBE 2. BUT, it is the second shotgun I pull out of the safe. Where appropriate I shoot my 20 O/U.

trapshooter
04-04-2012, 12:12 AM
For a pump, go with a Browning BPS or a Benelli Super Nova! Great guns and won't jam!

32-40win
04-04-2012, 01:17 AM
SBE is a good gun, if it physically fits you. Only one guy out of our group doesn't shoot one, his is a Super Vinci now. They are not cheap, but, I don't have any regret spending the extra for it.

rugatika
04-04-2012, 06:13 AM
After I sold my Browning Gold a few years ago, I've been thinking I should pick up another semi....I was leaning towards a beretta extrema2. One thing I have thrown into the mix is one of the new Browning Cynergy O/U's that come in the camo finish. Seldom do I ever take 3 shots (well, ok...I take 3 shots occasionally, but usually the 3rd shot is just to hear the gun go bang I think). Gives you the option of having a couple different chokes, with 30" barrels it's about 3" shorter than an SBEII with a 28" barrel...and they're in the ballpark price range of the benelli. Just something else to ponder.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=014B&cid=013&tid=708&bg=x