PDA

View Full Version : Westcoast trip in 2013 anyone?

slivers86
04-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Wondering if anyone is heading towards the west coast next year (2013) and wanted to team up on a chartered boat for salmon fishing? I'm thinking long and hard about it, might have 1 guy I work with interested who has gone before. Post away on here, or pm, doesn't matter! Hopefully we can hook up with one of our forum outfits out there for a decent few days of the salty stuff :)

Thought I'd edit - I've never done any sal****er fishing, so it would be a charter, not a do it yourself type of deal.

Jamie
04-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Wondering if anyone is heading towards the west coast next year (2013) and wanted to team up on a chartered boat for salmon fishing? I'm thinking long and hard about it, might have 1 guy I work with interested who has gone before. Post away on here, or pm, doesn't matter! Hopefully we can hook up with one of our forum outfits out there for a decent few days of the salty stuff :)

Thought I'd edit - I've never done any sal****er fishing, so it would be a charter, not a do it yourself type of deal.

Slivers, great idea.
We should talk and get you started, as well, I may beable to help find you a group to hook up with.

BEWARE though.. Once you start Salmon fishing it may become adicting.
Go ahead and give me a call
403-813-2704

Any interest in this year? I might have a group looking for company.

Jamie

Serengeti Charters
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
PM sent, have some great options from forum and if for some reason you can't make it to Hardy, be sure to closely look at Tofino with Jay. We had over 20 AO members out with us in 2011 and I'm sure they can attest to the unreal fishing and non stop laughs on the boat :lol: Hope to get you out to Port Hardy in 2013.

Tofinofish
04-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Slivers, Glad to help if you want to venture out to the west side of Van Isl. You have three Forum member businesses here that pretty much have the coast covered for some of the best options..
I have started to book 2013 dates, and I know Serengeti has as well, so timing is perfect.

slivers86
04-04-2012, 10:03 PM
looking for maybe a couple of people who want to make the trip as well. perhaps just rent a van or something and head out there, or even fly. I haven't made up my mind what company to go with yet, but am thinking long and hard about it :) I'll let you guys know when I'm ready!

BeeGuy
04-05-2012, 12:15 AM
I know some areas that are amazing for river fishing at the end of the summer, early fall, and guaranteed no sea sickness.

Quite a bit lighter on the pocketbook.

Guaranteed not to see anyone other than your group as well.

Nothin like hammering fresh coho's on some light gear.

slivers86
04-05-2012, 01:00 AM
yea, I've done that in the rivers near dads place BG. I want the ocean experience... Thinking next september would be prime!

BeeGuy
04-05-2012, 01:07 AM
You mean in the interior?

slivers86
04-05-2012, 01:09 AM
You mean in the interior?

yup, kamloops/shuswap/okanogan. I know they aren't fresh and coastal, more so at the tail end of the run, but still a good time!

BeeGuy
04-05-2012, 01:26 AM
oh yeah, super fun

Mike_W
04-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I know some areas that are amazing for river fishing at the end of the summer, early fall, and guaranteed no sea sickness.

Quite a bit lighter on the pocketbook.

Guaranteed not to see anyone other than your group as well.

Nothin like hammering fresh coho's on some light gear.

How was the bottom fishing? Any big halibut, ling or yelloweye?

conan
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Heading up to Port Hardy with Big Mike W this year, he's supposed to be a hotshot guide but it could be just a bunch of hot air.

Actually we do pretty good we have been self guiding up in Port Hardy for the last 10 years it's a great place, so many options but I'm sick of the ferries in B.C.

Besides the $500 fee it's the scheduling, waiting in line for hours, and always trying to meet deadlines and then the traffic heading home( I never could figure out why traffic on the highway is at a stand still when there is no accidents or construction):argue2:

Anyway Prince Rupert is looking more and more appealling being about 7 hours closer and no ferries. We have been to the Works channel once but we will need to find some new hotspots around Rupert.

Where is the best place to launch and moor a boat and where are some decient places to stay?

Thanks in advance
Conan