PDA

View Full Version : Shooting near calgary

dallas2
04-04-2012, 05:46 AM
I am new gun owner in calgary and am just wondering where is a good place within an hours drive to go shooting. I have heard many conflicting stories about Sibbald Homestead range and am not sure weather to fear for my life if i head out there (actually). Any advice besides "go shooting in the northeast" is welcome!

Scott N
04-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I think it depends on what kind of shooting that you plan on doing, but your best bet is to join one of the many shooting clubs in the area.

Killymagee
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
If they haven't already filled up you could try CDTSA (Calgary and district target shooters association) . They are right by copperfield . 100m,50m rifle and 25m pistol range.i think it's 240 for the first year then 190 after that.

rhuntley12
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
shotguns can go to aheia range outside dewinton. Did see some people shooting up by Mesa Butte. Go left after campground and rights after that. Was a open area people were setup at.

trapshooter
04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
shotguns can go to aheia range outside dewinton. Did see some people shooting up by Mesa Butte. Go left after campground and rights after that. Was a open area people were setup at.

x2 DeWinton is Awesome! I will be shoot up there once a week (or try anyway).

alpining
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I think you are missing the obvious: Take a drive out to Homestead and check it out. If it's not for you, then it's not for you, and you drive home. LOTS of people use it, and it is really convenient depending on what part of the city you are in.

If you are willing to pay for a club membership, the there is the club-only area at Homestead. It is much bigger, much nicer, much less crowded, and theoretically populated by better-behaved users than the public part of Homestead.

deepfried
04-05-2012, 04:50 AM
If they haven't already filled up you could try CDTSA (Calgary and district target shooters association) . They are right by copperfield . 100m,50m rifle and 25m pistol range.i think it's 240 for the first year then 190 after that.

it has been filled up . Been a memeber for years and wanted to get my buddy on a few days ago but couldn't. But got the wife signed up as she is family , and thats all their allowing right now !