PDA

View Full Version : McGuire Lake, Salmon Arm BC Questions

fishingmaster2097
04-05-2012, 07:52 PM
McGuire Lake is in downtown Salmon Arm and is stocked with rainbow trout and squawfish. There are Banded Sculpin and Goldfish as well. You See, I have caught 2 rainbows and two squawfish over the course of a week. I was wondering if anyone could please help me and give me somne info on how and when and where on the lake to fish. WWhat to use? Ive tried:

Egg sinker on bottom, floating powerbait
Slip Bobber with worm and corn
Spinner with/without bait

Usually the slip bobber works and has worked in the last couple of days. But just barely recently (Last Four Days) they haven't been biting. I have tried in the morning and afternoon and night. I did and still do catch lots of banded sculpin, little ones, and there really fun, but I'd like to catch a trout or a squawfish. I will keep trying everyday and never give up, but if anyone could help, please do. I fish from shore, no boats or dinghys allowed. They take the dock out in the winter, but it doesn't really affect the fishing, if I fish from the shore steps. The dock will be put back in may or late april. Please Help.

Thank You,
FishingMaster2097 :)

waterninja
04-05-2012, 11:42 PM
if you get the chance fish white lake. it's about 20 mins out of armstrong towards kamloops and 5 min. in the hills. my aunt and uncle used to own the resort up there and there should still be boat rentals. haven't been in years but it was the best rainbow fishing in my life. still remember the 12 lbs. my wife caught and all the 6-8 pounders. never seen bows so silver.

fishingmaster2097
04-06-2012, 09:53 AM
what did u guys use? Because when we rented a boat and fished for three hours we didnt get a bite. We went where the guy at the resort told us to go. We used spinners. What and Where do we go/use?

Thank You,
FishingMaster2097

fishingmaster2097
04-06-2012, 09:53 AM
They say that they stock it with 25,000 every spring and since its just spring, would we catch those little fish off of the dock. Could we shore fish?