PDA

View Full Version : older pump guns?

catnthehat
04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I know this doesn't makes sense to some that know me, but although I own a mess of SXS and O/U shotguns in various gauges, it is the Remington Wingmaster that Ii seem to have a thing for collecting!!:confused:
I just bought another TB model the other day, that makes two .

I don't know what it is, because Ii have several M12 Winchesters, M10 Remingtons, the odd 1100 ( yes, REALLY!!) and several others, but it's the Wingmaster that captures my attention in a rack full of trap guns!

The Express is a decent gun, but an old Wingmaster locks up so smoothly and fits the "average" person so well that almost anyone can shoot one very well.
They tear down easily, the trigger groups is easy to maintain, the barrels are super, what's not to like?:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat

sunsetrider2011
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
The old remmy wingmasters are the best have very many good memories hunting with them

elkhunter1234
04-05-2012, 09:20 PM
The first shotgun I ever bought was a wing master 20 gauge in 3 inch mag, still have it siting in the back of my safe wait for my grandson to get old enought so I can hand it over to him.... I agree they are awesome guns.

Jim..

sikwhiskey
04-06-2012, 12:02 AM
I know this doesn't makes sense to some that know me, but although I own a mess of SXS and O/U shotguns in various gauges, it is the Remington Wingmaster that Ii seem to have a thing for collecting!!:confused:

I don't know what it is, because Ii have several M12 Winchesters, M10 Remingtons, the odd 1100 ( yes, REALLY!!) and several others, but it's the Wingmaster that captures my attention in a rack full of trap guns!

The Express is a decent gun, but an old Wingmaster locks up so smoothly and fits the "average" person so well that almost anyone can shoot one very well.
They tear down easily, the trigger groups is easy to maintain, the barrels are super, what's not to like?:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat
I own 2 wingmasters and an older 1990's express, all 3" mag. Both wingmasters have seen 10K+ rnds and still work flawless, I cannot find the difference in the Express,other than the barrel, regardless of parts/fit and finish. Great shotguns.

32-40win
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
First gun i bought with my first paycheque was one, the same as the one I sent you, except it was full choke. $104.00 at Marshall-Wells, brand new.

Richard B.
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Cat,I'm shocked.You did not mention my one true love The Ithaca 37:sHa_shakeshout:

catnthehat
04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Cat,I'm shocked.You did not mention my one true love The Ithaca 37:sHa_shakeshout:
I've had a few of them, nothing out of the ordinary for mkhen you stack them up against a Wingmaster, they are a great gun for a lefty however.
I found them a PIA to load.
Cat

catnthehat
04-06-2012, 08:02 AM
I own 2 wingmasters and an older 1990's express, all 3" mag. Both wingmasters have seen 10K+ rnds and still work flawless, I cannot find the difference in the Express,other than the barrel, regardless of parts/fit and finish. Great shotguns.

There are internal differences in the breech block on the Express, and they use some composite parts where the wingmaster had metal parts.

Frankly, I can't for the life of me see the reasoning for changing the internal design of the parts, but they must have had a good one.:confused:
Cat

jackrabbit000
04-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I've got 3 Wingmasters in my safe. Very reliable and never had any problems with any of them.

densa44
04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
The first one I bought was from a fellow from Regina who moved to Hamilton Ontario and went out once and then sold all his stuff. If I tried to tell you what duck hunting is south Ont. is like you wouldn't believe it. They set up within gun range of one another and shoot at anything within sight!

It has a corn cob fore end, no rib, a cracked stock, full choke and I've fired 1000's of shells through it over many years, the only part I have had to replace was $1.50 firing pin.

I have 4 newer ones now.

calalta
04-07-2012, 10:04 AM
The only Rem. I have left is a nice straight stocked Wingmaster.

flint guy
04-10-2012, 07:30 AM
I just bought a 12ga 28" wingmaster last night and cant wait to shoot the snot out of it. My wife is going to kick my arse

Grizzly Adams
04-10-2012, 07:40 AM

Cat

the 79 to 80 some Chev truck , of the gun world. :lol:

Grizz

catnthehat
04-10-2012, 07:45 AM
the 79 to 80 some Chev truck , of the gun world. :lol:

Grizz
Yup, all that and a bag of fries!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat