PDA

View Full Version : Ear Muffs for the Range

Alberta Bigbore
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Looking at buying a set of low profile ear muffs for the range. Tired of using plugs.

Can anyone recommend A comfortable pair that will fit the bill? Preferably a set that I can buy at a store and not mail order. Keep in mind I do have a big melon and have troubles buying hats, lol.

YoteStopper
04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I have a pair of Browning low profile ones...don't know the model #, but WSS should have them and they work well. Comfortable, good price ($25ish IIRC) and made in Sweden and the USA....forget the decibel rating, but they are the best I have.

:fighting0007:

Happy shooting!

Jamie
04-06-2012, 04:56 PM
I have a pair of Browning low profile ones...don't know the model #, but WSS should have them and they work well. Comfortable, good price ($25ish IIRC) and made in Sweden and the USA....forget the decibel rating, but they are the best I have.

:fighting0007:

Happy shooting!

I believe this is what I have as well. Works great.. As far as I know anyhow.. It's tough these days when I cant hear everyone.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, good product and folds up small enough.

Jamie

Big Sky
04-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Keep in mind I do have a big melon and have troubles buying hats, lol.
Don't sweat the big nugget! A big head is supposed to help ward off Alzheimer's. If you're willing to go online, there's lots of suppliers like Lamood, or the Big Hat Store.

greylynx
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Looking at buying a set of low profile ear muffs for the range. Tired of using plugs.

Can anyone recommend A comfortable pair that will fit the bill? Preferably a set that I can buy at a store and not mail order. Keep in mind I do have a big melon and have troubles buying hats, lol.

I have a big head too. Sometimes I wish there were more brains to fill it up.:)

Keep trying the muffs in the stores. I would be wary about ordering something that might not fit.

I settled with Remingtons.

Alberta Bigbore
04-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I seen Caldwell has a pair with some dials on the side

260 Rem
04-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I use the Browning low profile with the wires that go behind the head...they last about three years.

Rod1960
04-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I know you said you didn't want to order online but I got a set of Peltor 6-S from this place in Calgary: http://www.srstactical.ca/communications/electronic-ambient-listening-headsets/peltor-tactical-6*s-neckband-hearing-protector/97043*00000.html

Ordered one day and here the next. Great to deal with as well. Fit is no problem and I have a 7 5/8 hat size.

209x50
04-06-2012, 07:24 PM
I seen Caldwell has a pair with some dials on the side
This is What I use. They allow you to hear but compress sound that is loud enough to damage. The only way to go!

Alberta Bigbore
04-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I know you said you didn't want to order online but I got a set of Peltor 6-S from this place in Calgary: http://www.srstactical.ca/communications/electronic-ambient-listening-headsets/peltor-tactical-6*s-neckband-hearing-protector/97043*00000.html

Ordered one day and here the next. Great to deal with as well. Fit is no problem and I have a 7 5/8 hat size.

Thanks for the link

This is What I use. They allow you to hear but compress sound that is loud enough to damage. The only way to go!

Ya... I was thinking of trying them... I have a Cabelaas gift card to use up so maybe... And if I dont like them, I can try something else.

Lefty-Canuck
04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
I ordered a set of custom Pro-Ears a few years ago with both left and right low profile cups....really like them.

LC

just_dave
04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Muffs that don't trap moisture or heat would be my choice.

Sweaty hot itchy ears/head = annoying

1899b
04-07-2012, 01:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/Win94/pinkfuzzyearmuffs.jpg

Accent it with a scarf and you will be the talk of any rifle range coast to coast. :sHa_shakeshout: