PDA

View Full Version : Boat storage

Big Sky
04-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I was’t sure if this should be in the Fishing or the General Discussion forums. It’s a fishing boat so...

I’ve lost my indoor boat storage at a friend’s place and now my boat is in my backyard. The boat won’t fit in our garage and I don’t want to spend a lot of money to rent a garage or indoor storage. I would like to have the boat well protected from the elements. Currently, I place support poles inside the boat and double tarp it in order to keep the rain and snow moving in the right direction. This is working but it’s a little inconvenient.

Does anyone have experience with the portable garages that you see at CanTire or Costco? Are they durable? Stable? Some of them don’t look too bad.

If you can't store your boat indoors, what do you guys use? Any suggestions?

javlin101
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I have the 16x20 from CT, cost about $300.00 if I remember correctly. Have out at the lake and is on year 3 with no complaints. I do knock the snow off it if it gets to heavy but other than that it has been great. It is the tan coloured one.

WayneChristie
04-06-2012, 05:43 PM
forget the C Tire ones, watch for them on the costco website, they are a lot heavier tubing and would be a lot sturdier
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10353328&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|114|22894&N=4010712&Mo=5&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=4540&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

TROLLER
04-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Before I got a garage big enough I used to take my boat to the dealer every fall and they would shrink wrap t. Just like they come from the factory.

Cost if I remember around 400 bucks but I could leave it out all winter and never worry about it. Just had to make sure the engines were drained properly and the batteries removed.