PDA

View Full Version : Salters lake-old couple fall in.

Thundercatcher
04-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Did you guys hear about the old couple that fell through the Ice at Salters lake near Onaway. I would never go near the open water , even in the middle of winter. Why risk it?

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/couple+grateful+after+ice+rescue/video.html?v=2220330531&p=1&s=dd#stories

Paul C
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Here is Larry doing what most people would call is dangerous fishing. I am glad he was there to rescue that retired couple.

sloughshark
04-07-2012, 09:26 AM
wow how hard up do u have to be for a fish,man not safe at all.

Paul C
04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
wow how hard up do u have to be for a fish,man not safe at all.
X2 Every year one or two people break the ice while fishin. There is always some there to rescue them.

pipco
04-07-2012, 11:09 AM
We took a drive past Salter's a week or so ago and I couldn't believe people fishing what looked to be ten feet or less from the edge of open water. Yoiks!

There's a fine line between being a hardcore angler and plain stupid.

Glad the old folks are o.k.

Paul C
04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
We took a drive past Salter's a week or so ago and I couldn't believe people fishing what looked to be ten feet or less from the edge of open water. Yoiks!

There's a fine line between being a hardcore angler and plain stupid.

Glad the old folks are o.k.
X2 If anybody is fishing there I recommend that you never fish alone there.

waterninja
04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
i started fishing salter regularly this year and it always made me nervous seeing all those people standing on the edge of the open water. the first time out i cut a 30 ft. sapling, trimmed it and left it lying by the pond just in case. iv'e met larry and the elderly couple and i'm glad there ok. someone else fell through the ice on the edge of the pond in feb.

HunterDave
04-07-2012, 04:13 PM
This story could have ended up with a tragic ending. I'm glad that fella was there to rescue those folks. Why take the chance on the ice right now? It's rotting daily in these temps and just not worth the risk. Be safe folks!