PDA

View Full Version : Will the death of the LGR impact used sales and prices?

Big Daddy Badger
04-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Just a thought.
I think purchases in general will increase for a time but what about the used market?

Will there be a flood of buying... driving prices up?
Or will there be a flood of previously secreted firearms hitting the market and driving prices down?

Maybe the real question might be.... Are there more folks that were sitting on firearms they wanted to sell or more waiting for the LGR to die before purchasing?

Dick284
04-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Dang it, my crystal ball just rolled off my desk and broke.:mad0030:

In all serousness, what has ever come down in price????:snapoutofit:

A lot of folks also predicted that firearms sales would plumit after C-68 became law..in reality they actually surged after everyone got used to it.:scared0018:

Who knows...Who cares...Business as usual from my POV. :fighting0007:

nick0danger
04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I think alot of guns will show up now that have been scuttled away cause of the registry. Just like my house this morning, a couple cooey 22's and old 870 12 gauge, an old remington 270 win, and a 30-30 lever action marlin showed up today from my wife's grandad. I knew he had a shotgun and 22 on the farm but never heard about em in fact thought they have been sold.

Nick

209x50
04-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Up I bet.

honda450
04-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't think there will be any difference.

Danny
04-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll take a shot at it, (pardon the pun). Marketing trends would show an increase
in new firearm purchases, the novelty of not having to register a long gun
has already touched peoples wallets, I think the influx of used firearms will
increase but at a reduced price, people clearing out the old to make way for the
new. All in all it will balance out in time. Just my opinion.

Dan.

CaberTosser
04-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I agree that the LGR's death has likely opened up a market for long guns that had been 'mysteriously' missing for a long time. Some people may have been buying and selling unregistered firearms between trusted friends, but now the whole marketplace is open to those secreted-away guns. I don't think prices will change much, but I do think there will suddenly be another few million guns and that many of them will be sold from time to time.

Alberta Bigbore
04-07-2012, 09:01 PM
What I've never understood.... Is that you can go and buy a brand new $1200 bow, and sell it tomorrow for $500 unused if your lucky

And then you could own a rifle that's 10 years old and paid $1200 for, and sell it tomorrow for darn near what you paid brand new

I understand though that modern archery technology gets better and more advanced from year to year

SonnyJ
04-07-2012, 09:02 PM
In all serousness, what has ever come down in price????:snapoutofit:

Atari 2600...lol..:sHa_shakeshout:

Alberta Bigbore
04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
LoL ! that's funny.

hal53
04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
As happy as I was to see that dreaded LGR finally trashed...I now realize I am hooped...For more than a few years I have told my better half that a PAL was a "permit to acquire"...I could only buy, not sell any because I did not have a PSL, (permit to sell), as they were extremely hard to qualify for. When the LGR died, she looked over my shoulder here and says "perfect!!!...now we can sell some of that S***t you have been lying to me about....LOL!!!!

fordtruckin
04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
As happy as I was to see that dreaded LGR finally trashed...I now realize I am hooped...For more than a few years I have told my better half that a PAL was a "permit to acquire"...I could only buy, not sell any because I did not have a PSL, (permit to sell), as they were extremely hard to qualify for. When the LGR died, she looked over my shoulder here and says "perfect!!!...now we can sell some of that S***t you have been lying to me about....LOL!!!!

lol thats classic right there! Sometimes I'm glad my wife don't pay any atttention to the gun law requirements. Then on the other hand I wish she did so she could be an informed voter and realize how stupid they are at the same time!!

Alberta Bigbore
04-07-2012, 10:36 PM

HaHa good post!!!

PoppaW
04-08-2012, 05:46 AM
I think the buy sell will be the same. The guns that were hidden will not be sold. If they wanted to sell then they would have 12 years ago. I plan on flooding the market as soon as the frost is out of my back yard. Anyone got a small track hoe. LOL

Alberta Bigbore
04-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I think the buy sell will be the same. The guns that were hidden will not be sold. If they wanted to sell then they would have 12 years ago. I plan on flooding the market as soon as the frost is out of my back yard. Anyone got a small track hoe. LOL

lol....... dig up some stashes huh?

catnthehat
04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm planning to put a mess of guns on the exchange in the next month.:acigar:
Cat

elkhunter11
04-08-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm planning to put a mess of guns on the exchange in the next month.

I sold three so far this weekend, and I only bought one in return.:)

Big Daddy Badger
04-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Seems like there are a few more than usual in the buy sell right now.

I think the guys that are buying are the same guys that bought before the LGR died. But... there are probably lots of unlicensed people with arms (inherited etc) that they have been sitting on... not sure of how to get rid of them.
They might leap at the opportunity now.

There might be a few more collectables on the market soon and some slightly lower prices for a time.

I don't think the death of the LGR will make much of a difference in new sales.

Big Daddy Badger
04-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Cat

Here?

catnthehat
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Here?

Yup.:)
Cat

Big Daddy Badger
04-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Yup.:)
Cat

Can't wait.

DeNomad
04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Cat

Ha maybe wait until my PAL comes in the mail. Gonna be in the market for a 12 ga shotgun in 4-8 weeks. :)