PDA

View Full Version : SxS 12 ga info help

turbo mulcher
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
My father inlaw gave me a shotgun that was his fathers. I would like to know more about this gun. On th barrel WESTERN ARMS CORP ITHACA NY
LONG RANGE GUN. It's a double barrel hammerless 12 ga Looks like a good field gun. The gun has not seen a bunch of use overall good condition. Stock looks refinished and the blueing is more grey. The action is tight.
Has a thumb safety and double trigger. Bird dog ingraving.
What is it worth and how old is it? Has a 4 digit serial number.

Thanks for any help.

TomE
04-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Try E-mailing..I had an answer from them very quickly..

http://www.ithacagun.com/

TomE
04-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Also, The gun show is on Down at the Grounds in Cow Town..Probably get some info there..

turbo mulcher
04-07-2012, 12:59 PM
I just did a search on the serial # built in 1930 Thanks I know how old it is now. Do you think $200 fair price? A co-worker is interested, I already have too many shotguns.

catnthehat
04-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I just did a search on the serial # built in 1930 Thanks I know how old it is now. Do you think $200 fair price? A co-worker is interested, I already have too many shotguns.
If it's tight, and is able to shoot, $200 is a bit low, about $250-$275 would be perfect.
The problem is most of the earlier SXS guns like that one really flooded the market , and there are a million different guns with names like yours that came out of the same factories, with lots of OEM barrels from across the water.
Does it have Belgian proof marks , BTW?

Cat