PDA

View Full Version : Wab Ice?

Bhflyfisher
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Whats the ice situation on wab right now, itching to get out and fly fish for pike. Anyone able to give me a prediction! Or is there still people ice fishing?

sureshot
04-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Lakes are closed till may 15. People please read your regs.

Andy

Bhflyfisher
04-07-2012, 04:55 PM
My bad, should have checked that first. Your post isnt 100 percent correct though. Muir is open may 1st. So are other lakes.

Trackdays
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
it depends on the lake. There is no set "close" time for all lakes, the regs will say which lakes are open at what time etc.

Lefty-Canuck
04-07-2012, 05:19 PM
My bad, should have checked that first. Your post isnt 100 percent correct though. Muir is open may 1st. So are other lakes.

Sureshots post was 100% correct for the lake you planned on trying to fish though :)

....I am glad you read the regs to find a few that are open before hand... good for you :)

LC

Bhflyfisher
04-07-2012, 05:38 PM
I have never fished wab before in my life. The lake is completely new to me. And he was correct, so a thanks for giving me a heads up. But not ALL lakes are closed.

sureshot
04-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry that was my bad I should of been more specific.

Andy

Willowtrail
04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Don't be sorry Andy, 95% of lakes in the area are closed.

Muir is May 1 and the trout stocked lakes are open year round.

Dust1n
04-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Its a sad day when someone helps you out and you make a legitament attempt to put there post down. Besides that I wouldn't even call Muir or any other trout stocked areas lakes, In my books there always going to be called potholes because there always the first to shed there ice.

Lefty-Canuck
04-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Its a sad day when someone helps you out and you make a legitament attempt to put there post down. Besides that I wouldn't even call Muir or any other trout stocked areas lakes, In my books there always going to be called potholes because there always the first to shed there ice.

Yup I agree.....and people wonder why the nice guys like Sureshot don't want to post here anymore....

Heck last time he tried to help people out warning them of thin ice on Wabamun he was accused of using phtotoshop and lying about it....which we found out later Sureshot was 110% percent correct!

A simple "my bad and thanks for pointing that out" would suffice...but someone has to make a point that the "helper" should have been more clear....some people need to have a piece of this....

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/lefty-canuck/pie.jpg

The Lord knows I know how it tastes :)

LC