PDA

View Full Version : Ice out CVR

Dfish
04-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Checked out CVR yesterday. Complete ice out unless there's some submerged. Apparently, it finished up 3-4 days ago. Can't wait for post spawn. NEW BOAT! (Might have to take the flyrod too when it opens in May).

Dfish
04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Yup. Have you fished it?

TROLLER
04-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Checked out CVR yesterday. Complete ice out unless there's some submerged. Apparently, it finished up 3-4 days ago. Can't wait for post spawn. NEW BOAT! (Might have to take the flyrod too when it opens in May).

It finished up on March 15th.

Dfish
04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Yes, once last November from shore for a few hours, in the reed beds just north of the boat launch at the camp site. Hooked up with a large pike, lost it when it bit through the line (I was targeting trout).

It's a nice spot and trumpeter swans were migrating through there at the time.

Plan to hit this year with the new pontoon.
Don't know if there ar many trout left in there, but the walleye fishing can be good. Do you prefer the fly rod? Pike on the fly is supposed to be a blast.

hunter49
04-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Hooked up with a large pike, lost it when it bit through the line (I was targeting trout).

You might be waiting a while for a hit from a trout..

TROLLER
04-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I think the last of those huge Gerrards we all used to chase at CVR died off years ago.

Haven't heard of anyone catching one in at least 15 years.

Duster
04-09-2012, 04:38 PM
There are still trout in there. I put my shack on there every winter for thr last 7 years. I manage to see at least 2 every year on the cam but they r not interested at all. To much shrimp in there for there diet so tey wont bite a bait

TROLLER
04-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Well I must have 1000 hours on that lake and have not seen or heard of anyone locating those gerards in over 15 years.

Just to see one of those big buggers would be a treat. I envy you if indeed they were trout you saw.