PDA

View Full Version : Careful on the ice. Video Attached

Trackdays
04-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Ice is rotting and everyone should be off now to stay safe. In the last week an elderly couple fell through the ice on a lake as well as 2 kids fell through a pond and unfortunately one past away. This video of a deer falling through the NSR (happy ending) is another reminder. Yes I know its the NSR which obviously no one would dare heading out on, But just a reminder how thin the ice gets this time of year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k1gkhkskes&feature=youtu.be

Be safe everyone!

fishead
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
These folks used to be our neighbors when I was growing up. Pretty lucky there was someone there.

GoneFishin'
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Ice is rotting and everyone should be off now to stay safe. In the last week an elderly couple fell through the ice on a lake as well as 2 kids fell through a pond and unfortunately one past away. This video of a deer falling through the NSR (happy ending) is another reminder. Yes I know its the NSR which obviously no one would dare heading out on, But just a reminder how thin the ice gets this time of year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k1gkhkskes&feature=youtu.be

Be safe everyone!

It is a terrible reminder when a tragedy such as this happens to remind all of us that we need to be more careful at this time of year around all bodies of water..

...the deer showed great determination in wanting to survive...

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Wow Scary stuff , I think the story of the 2 girls who fell threw the ice at there home , or the 2 seniors that went in at Salters lake should be enough of a lesson , but talking to my buddy today who is west of Edmonton Said he was seeing guys still driving on some of the lakes .

Some people have wanting to die written all over them selves .

curtis_rak
04-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Man, that deer trying to get out looked tiring as hell!! I couldnt imagine how panicked i would feel in that situation

Trackdays
04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah. Even though i knew it was a "happy ending" for the deer. It was still hard to watch it strugle for so long and then look like it had given up trying. Seemed like when that other deer came close almost giving it support that it decided to try one last time and made it. Dramatic!

silverdoctor
04-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Very lucky deer, I've been in the water when it's frozen like that, no fun at all :scared0015: