PDA

View Full Version : More hooks?

yada
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
In alberta you can only have 3 hooks... Im not a big fan of this

I watch the bass compitions in the US and one thing thats big right now is the unbrella rig. If you dont know waht that is check this out.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Cumberland_Pro_Lures_The_Cure_Umbrella_Rig/descpage-CPLCURE.html

I think they should make it no more than 5 hooks so people can use these new rigs. Anyone agree or disagree?

BeeGuy
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I agree. Looks good.

They should allow it in all of our bass lakes.

chubbdarter
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM

I watch the bass compitions in the US and one thing thats big right now is the unbrella rig. If you dont know waht that is check this out.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Cumberland_Pro_Lures_The_Cure_Umbrella_Rig/descpage-CPLCURE.html

I think they should make it no more than 5 hooks so people can use these new rigs. Anyone agree or disagree?

Not argueing in fact im unsure of my stand on this

Whats your rational behind more hooks?
Should we also be allowed as many rods also? Im also undecided on that issue too

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I made some of those and sold them to a fella , he's going to use 3 swimming baits which will be on the rear outside the other 3 will have no hooks . Sweet set up actually .

Even the lakes in the states guys using an Alabama rig many of those places are 3 hooks also , but there's some that allow 4 even fewer for 5 or 6 hooks .

In my opinion 3 hooks should be good enough to hook a fish or yourself . Remember you can use treble hooks unless otherwise posted .

Alberta Bigbore
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
i agree. Looks good.

They should allow it in all of our bass lakes.

lol !!!!!!

npauls
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
You can still use the rigs.

Put the 3 hooks on there that we are allowed and use the other 2 arms to put a spinner blade for some more flash.

silverdoctor
04-09-2012, 11:28 PM
How many friggin hooks do you need to catch a fish?

horsetrader
04-09-2012, 11:46 PM
How many friggin hooks do you need to catch a fish?

I just tie to the tacklebox handle and cast......lololol

silverdoctor
04-09-2012, 11:49 PM
I just tie to the tacklebox handle and cast......lololol

:sHa_sarcasticlol: I'm sitting at the airport laughing my ass off, people are looking at me like i'm retarded

chubbdarter
04-09-2012, 11:57 PM
:sHa_sarcasticlol: I'm sitting at the airport laughing my ass off, people are looking at me like i'm retarded

HT is sitting in his vault of tackle with 1000 live target frogs that are laughing at him knowing he is retarded

horsetrader
04-10-2012, 12:40 AM
HT is sitting in his vault of tackle with 1000 live target frogs that are laughing at him knowing he is retarded

OH YA ...Well...Well...I'd remember what I was going to say if the laughing was not so loud......But i'll think of it

Pudelpointer
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM

I disagree. Three hooks is a good compromise between hooking fish an snagging fish. Try BC; single barbless hook in all fresh water.

If you really need to try these lures out, just use a wire cutter to cut the barbs of the second and fourth hooks.

Lornce
04-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I grew up fishing in BC and still use only one hook, less tangling and out catch most of my pals.

yada
04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
You can still use the rigs.

Put the 3 hooks on there that we are allowed and use the other 2 arms to put a spinner blade for some more flash.

Awsome idea!!!

yada
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
WHATT??!?!?!?!?!

So you can't use 90% of crankbaits in BC???? Because only the super smalll crankbaits have 1 hook.

Mabye rethinking of going to UBC.. lol

Cal
04-10-2012, 04:55 PM

Couldnt agree more, I always pull the third hook off. Never seen a bait that needed 3.

Albertafisher
04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
You can always cut off two of the arms or put spinners on two of the arms. You can even make your own now, Crappie Umbrella Rig (http://lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Parts-Accessories/Crappie-Umbrella-Rig_2.html)

WayneChristie
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
"and it gives you the opportunity to catch a limit in a single cast."
Whats the point in this? kind of takes away from the idea of fishing for fun I think. Then again some of the people Ive fished with from this forum could hang 4 or 5 or those rigs off their line and still get skunked :bad_boys_20:

gl2
04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
why have hooks at all? we could adopt these techniques like this guy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSEuD58_ZWw&feature=related

Deano85
04-10-2012, 09:36 PM
BC is mostly only single barbless in rivers and streams

silverdoctor
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
all Newfoundlands rivers and streams are single barbless fly, and the DFO doesn't mess around with it either. Not allowed with spincasters in any of the rivers from what I understand...

yada
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
wow!! there are some weird restrictions in BC and newfoundland.

silverdoctor
04-10-2012, 09:49 PM
wow!! there are some weird restrictions in BC and newfoundland.

It's a necessity is some areas, especially Newfoundland. The atlantic salmon had a really rough time over the years and were near decimated. It's too easy to hook salmon on bait, hence only siingle barbless fly.