PDA

View Full Version : Need tips on places to fish and what to use and where it’s legal to fish

Lornce
04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I want to get out fly fishing and want tips as to where exactly to go as I am much to lazy to drive around myself and explore the great variety of waters that are all around us. So as much detail as possible please. Pictures of spots would be great. After all why waste my time when I can suck others into telling me what it sometimes takes a lifetime to figure out.

Also could you send me the exact GPS coordinates to spots on all these lakes streams and rivers as I don't want to take the time to walk around and figure out where the fish are because I would rather rip off someone spots that it has taken him years to find on his own.

I also need to know if it is legal to fish these spots as I never read my regulations and why should I if I can get a few people to do for me and read the results. After all the regulations are composed of quite a few pages that I would have to take the time to read through which is totally unacceptable. Why should I fish and have to read stuff to be legal on top of it all.

Lastly of course I demand that you tell me what flies or lures are working at this exact time as I really don't want to spend my valuable time testing different things and want to catch fish right away. Neither do I want to take the time to get to know the waters and what insect and other life that the fish feed on.

Oh by the way I might try the next time I post to say I have little kids I'm taking with me, to loosen your lips on spots. When in actual fact I'm a poacher who will clean out that body of water as fast as I can or maybe I am just lazy.

So post your spots right now, and oh and by the way when I fish your secret spots and don't catch anything I will come back here and post nasty things about you.

bubba 96
04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Thats funny chit

Okotokian
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
No kidding. Like guys asking what they need to lend a rifle to their kid when all they have to do is read the Firearms Act. ;) LOL Imagine....

kujo
04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Where is lake X I can't find it anywhere.... :)

sureshot
04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
The nerve of some people asking for advice on an outdoors forum.

Andy

waterninja
04-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Where is lake X I can't find it anywhere.... :)
i had the same problem when i googled secret lake and sweet spot lake. i guess google will have to update itself.

bloopbloob
04-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Bittern lake is producing some big ones for me in the last little bit, shores are ice free. try using CD5 brown trout patterns, or hoppers on the fly

Okotokian
04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Bittern lake is producing some big ones for me in the last little bit, shores are ice free. try using CD5 brown trout patterns, or hoppers on the fly
Give this man the Good Samaritan Award! :happy0034:

Now can I borrow your car to get there? LOL joking, joking....

upongrassy
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM
LoL

kujo
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Sarcasm really dose not come through well in writing...
Thanks bloopbloob if I'm ever up that far I'll have to give it a try.

commieboy
04-10-2012, 04:52 PM
What's your problem? If you don't like a post, simply don't reply to it. If it offends you that some people ask for help, please ignore them. Why do you feel a need to dump on them?

Some people genuinely have some kids they'd like to bring out, like myself. Is that a crime? Some people really are new to the game and have no idea about etiquette. Should we really condemn them? Some people are just trying to learn. Is that a sin? If you don't intimately know the situation, keep your mouth closed. If you really want to address someone, send them a p.m. instead of making it public just to show how clever you are.

And learn how to spell and punctuate. If you have time to write mean spirited comments, you should take the time to learn the difference between "to" and "too". You should also check your blog. Unless your boots have "souls" which go up to the heavens after they die, you may have made a mistake. If it's even possible for you to make a mistake, since you seem to have the answers for everything. Either way, a mistake is inexcusable... or at the very least, that's how you make things sound. And learn the value of a comma. Run on sentences are tedious to read through and a comma can help clarify content.

Lighten up. Posts like this (and yes, replies like mine) are horribly out of place and serve little purpose. Apologies for rising to the bait, so to speak. That's the last I'll say on the matter in this thread. If anyone wants to flame me, please do it through a p.m. so we can keep the boards clean of this kind of junk. I'll be happy to get into it with you.

Lornce, to be honest with you, I usually enjoy reading your posts and think you contribute in a positive way on this forum. Maybe I'm in a bit of a mood, but this post was just horrible. My apologies for picking on your grammatical errors since they seem to me to be simple errors of haste (of which I have made many). But it's very much in the spirit of your original post. Not so fun having the tables turned, is it?

ManitobaSlim
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
i understand your lazy and all but try reading the alberta sport fishing regulations magazine, you can get it anywhere that sells fishing licences. best part about it is its free

ericlin0122
04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree 100% with you Lornce. :)

huntinstuff
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Between Lornce and commieboy, I require a new keyboard......

Coffee shooting out of my nose onto the keyboard will do that

Priceless

Lornce
04-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Thanks I knew someone would help me out here.

Lornce
04-10-2012, 05:06 PM
What's your problem? If you don't like a post, simply don't reply to it. If it offends you that some people ask for help, please ignore them. Why do you feel a need to dump on them?

Some people genuinely have some kids they'd like to bring out, like myself. Is that a crime? Some people really are new to the game and have no idea about etiquette. Should we really condemn them? Some people are just trying to learn. Is that a sin? If you don't intimately know the situation, keep your mouth closed. If you really want to address someone, send them a p.m. instead of making it public just to show how clever you are.

And learn how to spell and punctuate. If you have time to write mean spirited comments, you should take the time to learn the difference between "to" and "too". You should also check your blog. Unless your boots have "souls" which go up to the heavens after they die, you may have made a mistake. If it's even possible for you to make a mistake, since you seem to have the answers for everything. Either way, a mistake is inexcusable... or at the very least, that's how you make things sound. And learn the value of a comma. Run on sentences are tedious to read through and a comma can help clarify content.

Lighten up. Posts like this (and yes, replies like mine) are horribly out of place and serve little purpose. Apologies for rising to the bait, so to speak. That's the last I'll say on the matter in this thread. If anyone wants to flame me, please do it through a p.m. so we can keep the boards clean of this kind of junk. I'll be happy to get into it with you.

Lornce, to be honest with you, I usually enjoy reading your posts and think you contribute in a positive way on this forum. Maybe I'm in a bit of a mood, but this post was just horrible. My apologies for picking on your grammatical errors since they seem to me to be simple errors of haste (of which I have made many). But it's very much in the spirit of your original post. Not so fun having the tables turned, is it?

Doe that men you won't post any spots for me? Tahnsk for pointing out the spelling errors much appreciated :) :)

maclennanchris
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
lol....this is true in some cases. I dont mind helping a guy out abit, I know I sure appreciated the help when I was just getting into fishing here in AB. Thankful for the people that pointed me in the right direction and let me find the rest of the way myself... I just cant believe people ask for GPS locations, thats just abit much...

bloopbloob
04-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks I knew someone would help me out here.

No problem. Ever fished it? The SW end has good structure for shore fishing

Bear Ballz
04-10-2012, 05:34 PM
No problem. Ever fished it? The SW end has good structure for shore fishing

I just used the new launch last night to try out my new 30' bayliner.

bloopbloob
04-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I just used the new launch last night to try out my new 30' bayliner.

Oh! I think I saw you! didn't think it was deep enough for a boat that size, I was very surprised!

FishingFrenzy
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Just to clarify for any newbies...Bittern lake is a slough at best. As far as I know its mostly a wetland that can hold water seasonally....now to be honest i've never been there but that's what I have read from multiple sources......

Also, Lornce....I agree with you to a certain extent. SOME people need to do their own legwork however there are alot of people that dont know where to start, and I feel those are the people you are flaming about. Yes I said flaming, because there's no way this thread had any intention to accomplish anything except a flame-war.
Back on topic, there's nothing wrong with asking questions. Thats pretty much the purpose of these forums...

So...eat a snickers and go fishing... it wont be long until you win a free fishing trip to BANNED CAMP.

bloopbloob
04-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Just to clarify for any newbies...Bittern lake is a slough at best. As far as I know its mostly a wetland that can hold water seasonally....now to be honest i've never been there but that's what I have read from multiple sources......

Also, Lornce....I agree with you to a certain extent. SOME people need to do their own legwork however there are alot of people that dont know where to start, and I feel those are the people you are flaming about. Yes I said flaming, because there's no way this thread had any intention to accomplish anything except a flame-war.
Back on topic, there's nothing wrong with asking questions. Thats pretty much the purpose of these forums...

So...eat a snickers and go fishing... it wont be long until you win a free fishing trip to BANNED CAMP.

Way to ruin my fun!:) Yes my posts were sarcastic, in response to sarcasm. To quote a famous safe guy, Bittern Lake is dead. It looks large on a map, but is alkaline and a shallow slough at best. Bucket brigade could go to town on this one and nothing would survive.

As for asking for information, I will respond as I see fit, don't just give away secret spots etc all willy nilly. but for members I recognize, or stories I believe, I usually will do it in a pm. And I myself have asked before for help with new areas, and have had the favor returned, so thank you to those who have.

Lornce
04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
I take out approximately 10 or newbie's a year that pm me, plus a bunch of disabled vets plus the charities for those who know me. Posting food for thought is food for thought. Interesting what is brings out in some people.

WayneChristie
04-10-2012, 07:08 PM
How many times do I have to tell you Frank Lake is the best fishing in the whole province :sHa_shakeshout:any lure or fly will do, they will take anything, and they are all huge as well.! dont even need a boat, you can wade to the best spots, make sure you bring a huge frying pan, even the pan sized are over 10 pounds in there! Beware of the largemouth bass that were stocked 2 years ago, they are so hungry they will chew the boots right off you!

gl2
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
^^^^ lmao.....and dont forget if you need help there are usually some friendly bird watchers there to give ya a hand.

WayneChristie
04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
^^^^ lmao.....and dont forget if you need help there are usually some friendly bird watchers there to give ya a hand.

Yah I was going to talk to them one time, but people holding shotguns scare me! especially ex wives!:scared0018:

-JR-
04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Must try Menotellyou Lake. Pm me for directions. Hate to tell everyone.

EP2
04-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I want to get out fly fishing and want tips as to where exactly to go as I am much to lazy to drive around myself and explore the great variety of waters that are all around us. So as much detail as possible please. Pictures of spots would be great. After all why waste my time when I can suck others into telling me what it sometimes takes a lifetime to figure out.

Also could you send me the exact GPS coordinates to spots on all these lakes streams and rivers as I don't want to take the time to walk around and figure out where the fish are because I would rather rip off someone spots that it has taken him years to find on his own.

I also need to know if it is legal to fish these spots as I never read my regulations and why should I if I can get a few people to do for me and read the results. After all the regulations are composed of quite a few pages that I would have to take the time to read through which is totally unacceptable. Why should I fish and have to read stuff to be legal on top of it all.

Lastly of course I demand that you tell me what flies or lures are working at this exact time as I really don't want to spend my valuable time testing different things and want to catch fish right away. Neither do I want to take the time to get to know the waters and what insect and other life that the fish feed on.

Oh by the way I might try the next time I post to say I have little kids I'm taking with me, to loosen your lips on spots. When in actual fact I'm a poacher who will clean out that body of water as fast as I can or maybe I am just lazy.

So post your spots right now, and oh and by the way when I fish your secret spots and don't catch anything I will come back here and post nasty things about you.

Awesome.

Something that has bothered me for years.