PDA

View Full Version : Boat launch at Sherburn

Dale S
04-10-2012, 05:48 PM
The M.D. of Taber is fixing up the boat launch at Sherburn Lake.For the people that use it all the time,are there any simple changes that should be done to the launch.

TROLLER
04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Havent used it in a few years but last time you had to be mindful of a big hole one of your wheels would fall in.

not really a boat launch kinda like the one at McGregor but maybe it's different now.

npauls
04-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Good to see it is getting all fixed up.

It has been a few years since it has been in working order.

I can get my boat in and out just fine on the sand side but I know quite a few guys with bigger boats that won't even attempt it knowing that they won't be able to get it out.

sonny42
04-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Go to the GO WALLEYE message board, there is a thread on rebuilding the boat launch at Sherburne, I think that there is room for a few able bodied people to help out.

192 whitey
04-11-2012, 05:10 AM
The M.D. of Taber is fixing up the boat launch at Sherburn Lake.For the people that use it all the time,are there any simple changes that should be done to the launch.

Breakwater and a small dock probably wishfull thinking

jmurray
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
On the north side of the boat launch there are some willows and a small bay which. I'm assuming smriti filled up with huge rocks. Would it be possible to get sand put in place so there is a place to pull up a boat over luch without being in the way of the sand launch or causing boat damage. That is what I would like to see. From experience the past few years I would have to wait in for jet skier and other boats (don't mean to single people out) to move out of the way just to put the boat in the water. I feel if there was an area off to the side for people to have a break this that would be great

TROLLER
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I cannot believe they allow jet boats on that small a lake. Payne is I think a bit bigger as is Chain and they do not allow any jet boats or water skiers.

You have a huge res. in chain just down the road, they should be using it.

Dale S
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
On the north side of the boat launch there are some willows and a small bay which. I'm assuming smriti filled up with huge rocks. Would it be possible to get sand put in place so there is a place to pull up a boat over luch without being in the way of the sand launch or causing boat damage. That is what I would like to see. From experience the past few years I would have to wait in for jet skier and other boats (don't mean to single people out) to move out of the way just to put the boat in the water. I feel if there was an area off to the side for people to have a break this that would be great

Thats a good idea but way more than the M.D. would be able to do. You would have ta talk to the S.M.R.I.D. about changing the shore. If you could get an agreement with the S.M.R.I.D. the M.D. might do the work.

shurshot71
06-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Why is the west gate locked at Shurburn ? For us guys who only have 12 ft car toppers with small motors it's kind of handy to put our boats in . what the deal fished their all my life.

pikergolf
06-21-2019, 05:12 AM
Why is the west gate locked at Shurburn ? For us guys who only have 12 ft car toppers with small motors it's kind of handy to put our boats in . what the deal fished their all my life.

It's locked to keep you out. SMRD wants the lake accessed at the boat launch and they want a little control of who is accessing the lake. This is all due to zebra mussels. Contact Secret coulee on this site if you want access, he can set you up.

shurshot71
06-21-2019, 07:57 PM
I understand the zebra mussels thing , But come on I don't think it the little 12 ft car topper boats . All these lakes are fed by cannels so whats going to stop the zebra mussels from entering via the cannels. well that to bad used to like fishing the west end in my car topper .

rupert
06-22-2019, 08:24 AM
We went out last weekend. One of the cement pieces is heaved up and my trailer caught on the darn thing. And there was some loser in a plaid shirt trying to pretend he was on the phone with the guy who gives you the code but he wanted us to give it too him for some reason!!! Idiot. We never did and another boat leaving did not either. *****s come to this country and ignore the rules. Caught one walleye and a couple pike. There is now way this lake can sustain the retention rules Alberta Fisheries has placed on it.

riden
06-22-2019, 11:19 AM
Go to the GO WALLEYE message board, there is a thread on rebuilding the boat launch at Sherburne, I think that there is room for a few able bodied people to help out.

I googled Go Walleye, my Google is weak.

Can someone provide a link? Sounds like a board I’d like to join.

Thanks

TROLLER
06-22-2019, 11:45 AM
I understand the zebra mussels thing , But come on I don't think it the little 12 ft car topper boats . All these lakes are fed by cannels so whats going to stop the zebra mussels from entering via the cannels. well that to bad used to like fishing the west end in my car topper .

Take it up with the SMRD they control all the canals and lakes Doing a good job too IMHO

huntsfurfish
06-22-2019, 01:14 PM
I googled Go Walleye, my Google is weak.

Can someone provide a link? Sounds like a board I’d like to join.

Thanks

Thread is 7 years old.:)

Sadly Go Walleye is no more.:(

riden
06-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Thread is 7 years old.:)

Sadly Go Walleye is no more.:(

Thanks for the response

shurshot71
06-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Well then maybe the SMRD should put a stop to all tournament fishing going on in all these lakes if they want to stop any issues with Zebra Mussels. I would like to think all tournament boats that go everywhere & Out of province & down south are a bigger risk . Than a local with a 12footer car topper. Looks like ill need to talk with the SMRD and see what they say .

huntsfurfish
06-22-2019, 08:32 PM
Well then maybe the SMRD should put a stop to all tournament fishing going on in all these lakes if they want to stop any issues with Zebra Mussels. I would like to think all tournament boats that go everywhere & Out of province & down south are a bigger risk . Than a local with a 12footer car topper. Looks like ill need to talk with the SMRD and see what they say .

All boats are supposed to be checked at the border, even tournament boats.:)