PDA

View Full Version : wabamun

burbotman14
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Went to wabamun today. We caught 10 whitefish, 16 pike, and 2 burbot. Great day. Biggest whitefish was 2.5 pounds. Biggest pike was 7.5 pounds. Biggest burbot was 6.5 pounds.

-JR-
03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Right on man

SNAPFisher
03-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm wanting to get into burbot fishing this year. Burbotguy, please send me your exact coordinates to the spot you caught the burbot on. Also please PM me the exact water temperature at the time you were fishing, what lure you were using, what line you had on, what type of rod you were using, what vehicle you got to the lake in......let's see....oh! and if you were sitting down the entire time in a tent or outside on the ice. I expect all of this info before tomorrow morning as I am headed out to Wab.

Much thanks.

mark-edmonton
03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm wanting to get into burbot fishing this year. Burbotguy, please send me your exact coordinates to the spot you caught the burbot on. Also please PM me the exact water temperature at the time you were fishing, what lure you were using, what line you had on, what type of rod you were using, what vehicle you got to the lake in......let's see....oh! and if you were sitting down the entire time in a tent or outside on the ice. I expect all of this info before tomorrow morning as I am headed out to Wab.

Much thanks.

hahahahahaha!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morph1
03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
LOL SNAPfisher !!!:lol: , but you forgot to ask him what hand was he using to hold the rod while the bite was on :lol: , that is very critical piece of information :lol:

bighorn1
03-18-2008, 11:22 PM
LMAO we all knew that was coming.......

TundraBuck
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM

Much thanks.

Brav-freaking-O!!!

My lord it's about time, this guy had it coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nube
03-19-2008, 11:48 AM
I saw this post a while back when he first had it out. I laughed out loud. After getting all the info for Gull lake a guy needs and everyones secrets what does he do, he goes out to a totally different lake to fish at Wabamun. Good luck getting help from anyone next time. Ever here of the story, Cry Wolf.:wave:

Alberta Bigbore
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
awesome post SNAP, LOL you forgot to ask what Octane of fuel he filled up with;)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Z-Axis-2007/Funny%20Pics/inbeforetltg4.gif

7 REM MAG
03-19-2008, 10:55 PM
i personally would like to know what brand and weight of oil he was running in his truck to compensate for the changing tempurature

Deano
03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Give it up SNAP. Anyone who knows you already knows you can not catch a Burb no matter what you do. After all, aren't you the MASTER Whitefish guy?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Anyone have any updates on Wabamun looking to head out there Ither saturday or sunday wanting to give my casting arm a got at it . Looking to fish open water not thru the ice , any help would be great.

SNAPFisher
03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Deano, I'm going to go out and catch a big burb, drive over to your place and then tail slap you with it for the entire evening :lol:
Master Whitefisherman....I can here the whites laughing from here.

BBJ, I checked out Wab at the town site last weekend. The ice is only 20 feet from the end of the pier. Lots of area to cast closer to the plant. The West shore accross from the plant looks totally open.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-21-2008, 07:14 AM
hummmmmm I think I may just have to take a stroll out there..

Ace
03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey BBJ,

Check out Doc's blog at http://docshouseofblog.blogspot.com/ (lookunder older posts at the bottom).

He was fly fishing out there a couple weeks ago and caught some nice ones.

See ya
Ace