PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake 2012 gaff??

RandyBoBandy
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Anyone else notice that Calling Lake is totally opened up for fishing . I've been advised that there is a goof up in the regs:scared: Used to be half the lake was closed?

Calling Lake & tributaries & outlet downstream for 1 km
June 1 to Mar. 31 - Walleye limit 2 (between 45 cm and 55 cm); Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish 10; Burbot limit 10.
Apr. 1 to May 31 – CLOSED

Lefty-Canuck
04-11-2012, 08:24 PM
The other reg. goof up....was in the "important changes" it listed the Gull lake whitefish limit as 2......then under the zone specific regs for Gull Lake whitefish the limit says 3.....

LC

NSRfishing
04-11-2012, 08:41 PM
last year they told me the lake was going to be open for fishing. walleye in that lake need to be thinned out a bit very long large walleye that probably weight close to what a pigeon lake average eye is

Drewski Canuck
04-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Initial plan was 3 from Nov 1 - March 31. Now the lake closes March 1??? AND we did not get the 3rd fish for ice fishing.

Really, let some of the bigger anorexic fish get removed before they simply starve to death. They are not reproducing anyway when they are starving.

Drewski

Kim473
04-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Initial plan was 3 from Nov 1 - March 31. Now the lake closes March 1??? AND we did not get the 3rd fish for ice fishing.

Really, let some of the bigger anorexic fish get removed before they simply starve to death. They are not reproducing anyway when they are starving.

Drewski

Last year I pulled a couple in the 12" range so they do reproduce. They definatly are starving tho. Need to stock that lake with 20 million feeder fish or more.

95% of the eyes I caught there, last two years were over 54cm and about 1 to 3 lbs under weight for there lenght. Can still get your two keepers in a few hrs tho. Might be harder this year, maybe 6 hrs for your two keeper size, after catching 50 fish over size. Would be nice to catch a over 10lb eye in 20 fow, be a nice fight for sure. I think they should have made the regs, two fish keeped, one over 54 cm and one under 54cm or maybe one over and two under.

The walleye need to be thined out in that lake. When you can catch a walleye every 5 mins without even trying hard, you know there are too many fish that are under feed in the lake.