PDA

View Full Version : Ndp leader mulcair pledges to restore long gun registry

Rugerlover
04-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Mulcair is pledging to bring back the long gun registry. Here is the story and link to article:

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/04/09/mulcair-pledges-to-restore-long-gun-registry/

NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair says he will work to re-establish Canada's long
gun registry and all NDP candidates will have to support that position in
the next federal election. Speaking on the Radio Canada show Tout le Monde
en Parle, Mulcair said the solution is to fix the irritants in the long gun
registry - not scrap it. "I will work to register firearms. The public and
the police have the right to be protected," he said. The Conservative
government's decision to target Canada's gun registry has sparked divisions
within the NDP caucus in the past with some MPs from rural ridings breaking
ranks with former NDP Leader Jack Layton on the issue and siding with the
Conservatives. However, Mulcair suggested that won't be the case in the
future. "It is certain that if we run in an election with that as a
platform, everyone will follow."

Legislation tabled by the Conservatives has been adopted by Parliament.
However, Quebec has challenged the decision to eliminate the data and has
won a temporary reprieve from the courts. Mulcair said the Conservative's
decision to scrap the gun registry is an ideological one. "It is a
monumental error and it is the first time in my political life that I see a
government removing one of the public's protections. All of the police
forces across Canada, except for the Calgary police, want to maintain it
because it protects them and it protects the public."

Mulcair's comments came as he appeared on Tout le Monde en Parle, one of the
best watched shows in Quebec and one that often fuels Monday morning chats
around the water cooler. Fast paced and totally unpredictable, where a
politician can find themselves next to a Quebec celebrity or someone who has
done something offbeat, it can make or break a political career. Former CBC
chairman Guy Fournier literally flushed his career with the public
broadcaster, resigning in the wake of controversy over comments he made on
the show.

In the last federal election, Jack Layton's appearance on the show gave the
NDP campaign a boost. Gilles Duceppe and Michael Ignatieff appeared on the
show but Prime Minister Stephen Harper has steadfastly refused. After
Liberal Leader Bob Rae appeared on the show in early December, his party
gained support To succeed on Tout le Monde en Parle you have to know your
stuff, expect the unexpected, roll with it and ideally show a bit of
personality and a sense of humor along the way.

However, Mulcair faced few tough or surprising questions from host Guy A.
Lepage. Wearing a jacket and shirt without a tie and a blue button to mark
Earth Day April 22, Mulcair appeared at ease, rarely straying far from the
answers he honed on the leadership campaign trail. One of the few exceptions
was when Lepage asked him when he plans to move into Stornoway, the
residence occupied by Canada's leader of the official opposition. Describing
it as a "magnificent" house, Mulcair said he plans to move in after Easter.
Asked if he was "a nightmare" for Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Mulcair
agreed. "Mr. Harper and his team didn't want me there, that's certain," he
said. "The attacks against me in the middle of a leadership campaign
testifies to his worry about me - and he has reason."

Mulcair described today's NDP as pragmatic and while the party will remain
social democrat "we will try to bring the centre to us."

elizabeththompson@ipolitics.ca

HunterDave
04-12-2012, 01:18 AM
That ought to get them allot of votes.

bowhunter9841
04-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Where do they find these idjits?

Big Daddy Badger
04-12-2012, 06:46 AM
They are trying to maintain their hold in Quebec and the larger cities.

He might as well have said..."I not interested in the western or rural vote".

Alberta Bigbore
04-12-2012, 07:27 AM
I. B. T. L.

catnthehat
04-12-2012, 07:29 AM
I. B. T. L.

You don't have to post that anymore ya know, after all, you are the locker, not the lockee!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

elkhunter11
04-12-2012, 07:30 AM
I. B. T. L.

:sign0161: You are the lock.

west250
04-12-2012, 07:35 AM
He thinks it's a worthy cause to pursue resurrection of a faulty law that was democratically voted out. Wasting time on a dead issue, now there's a fool's pursuit.

Remember the days when there were 2 police officers in a car? I wonder how many extra officers could have been employed for 2 billion dollars?

Rugerlover
04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
He's trying to get big city votes, he knows urbanites are anti gun ownership. He wants to maintain the NDP hold on Quebec as well.
What does I.B.T.L. mean?

m1garandguy
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
its not hunting rifles that murder people as often as illegal smgs and pistols so y place new laws y not maintain the old ones that actualy work??? and the ndp sucks up to people eg. when the bridge in my town was found falty (and the only way to get to town from the one side of the river) and needed repair they put signs at each end that said IF VOTED IN THE NDP WILL BUILD A SECOND BRIDGE in 2016.

Canadian450r
04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
They destroyed the records of the LGR so it would be a much larger $$$ amount the second time because everything would have to be redone. I wonder what they would plan on cutting to make that work in their budget.

TomCanuck
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
They destroyed the records of the LGR so it would be a much larger $$$ amount the second time because everything would have to be redone. I wonder what they would plan on cutting to make that work in their budget.

I wonder who would comply next time round?

coreya3212
04-12-2012, 03:38 PM
What does I.B.T.L. mean?

IBTL, stands for in before the lock. Meaning I got into a thread and posted before the mods could lock it for whatever reason. Alberta bigbore used it often, and now he is a mod so he is the locker of threads. Hope that covers it.:)

MountainTi
04-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I wonder who would comply next time round?

Probably the same one's that complied last time :)

huntinstuff
04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Yup. The NDP. Bring back the registry.

I expect nothing less from such a goofball.

Chet
04-12-2012, 03:57 PM
"I will work to register firearms. The public and
the police have the right to be protected," he said.

Knock yourself out Mulcair..... but just so you know, they are completely unrelated.

Rugerlover
04-12-2012, 04:05 PM

I took one look at him and saw he was a slithering reptile. He's reaching out to Quebec. The guy for the riding in T.O. that replaced the former Jack Layton was NDP, just voted in a month ago.

Huntinstuff, is it possible for him (or a liberal PM) to bring back the registry, now that it's gone?(if he were to get in power)

Rugerlover
04-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Knock yourself out Mulcair..... but just so you know, they are completely unrelated.

It's nothing short of pure hate/targeting of legal gun owners. You can't look at it any other way. They always bring up suicide, e.t.c. but offer nothing that shows a registry will prevent any of it. There were members in the NDP that broke away from the party's stance for the registry...but if you look at what he says there in the interview, he won't have ANY of them deviating away from the party position.

huntinstuff
04-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I took one look at him and saw he was a slithering reptile. He's reaching out to Quebec. The guy for the riding in T.O. that replaced the former Jack Layton was NDP, just voted in a month ago.

Huntinstuff, is it possible for him (or a liberal PM) to bring back the registry, now that it's gone?(if he were to get in power)

Yes.

It would be political suicide, but if your party isnt really living anyways, jump on the sword

MattSako
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM

+1, but Harper is acting like 1 as well with the F-35 money sink.:sign0176:

m1garandguy
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
i would bet money that mulcair knows didily a@# s$%^ about hunting or firearms all he knows is a bullet comes out!!!

jungleboy
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
its not hunting rifles that murder people as often as illegal smgs and pistols so y place new laws y not maintain the old ones that actualy work???

Actually I do not believe a gun has ever been charged or convicted of murder or even assault. Usually it's people that do that sort of thing

no disrespect intended by the way :)

thunderheart
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
well thatwill be another 2 or 3 billion down the drain ... as far as i am conserned NDP wont get my vote federally.. some one called him retilian looking .. lol perfect i could not put my finger on it when i first saw his manicured face and beard.... brrrrrrrrrr scary

huntinstuff
04-12-2012, 08:11 PM
+1, but Harper is acting like 1 as well with the F-35 money sink.:sign0176:

Yup.

mudbug
04-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Sounds like the NDP want to have Quebec as their own country now :thinking-006:

Dr. Phil A
04-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Then we could balance our provincial budget thanks to the transfer payments staying home.

Rugerlover
04-12-2012, 08:58 PM

I'm no NDP supporter but they are in power cause Jack was a mover and shaker. He had the gift of the mouth and he won the French people over. They were frustrated with all parties and the Bloc especially. They were promised the world basically. If Jack were alive he'd be giving Harper a run for his money. Mulcair is simply trying to maintain their grip on Quebec. Iggy tried his stunts on them, but they didn't buy into him.

spicy49
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Our politicians down east are as corrupt as the ones in Washington.
The west should declare itself an independent nation.
Leave the debt based economy that borrows money from a private bank.

Da'Newf
04-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Our politicians down east are as corrupt as the ones in Washington.
The west should declare itself an independent nation.
Leave the debt based economy that borrows money from a private bank.

Don't lump all the east in that same basket. I'm originally from Newfoundland and most folks out past Quebec didn't care for that registry either! We just need to cut out lower Quebec and lower Ontario. Problem solved.

With regards to the gun crimes, Larry the Cable Guy put it best in one of his stand-up comedy acts - "Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming pencils for bad spelling!"

Rugerlover
04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Don't lump all the east in that same basket. I'm originally from Newfoundland and most folks out past Quebec didn't care for that registry either! We just need to cut out lower Quebec and lower Ontario. Problem solved.

With rehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_LyRYF070&feature=relatedgards to the gun crimes, Larry the Cable Guy put it best in one of his stand-up comedy acts - "Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming pencils for bad spelling!"

Lower Ontario is BAD!
I know I live here. Liberal land.

Listen to the propoganda here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_LyRYF070&feature=related
Toronto Police Chief on panel says: "he represents all police forces across Canada" and they all want the registry, because it is a safe and proven tool for law enforcement officer safety.

Big Racks
04-13-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't know what's worse, the NDP cozying up to Quebec so badly, or Quebec latching on at the teat and pumping this party's tires. Expect the unexpected, and come prepared, when you appear on Tout le Monde en Parle - unless you're a member of the NDP, in which case you'll just have to field prepared, soft-ball questions of which you'll already be prepared and rehearsed on your answers. They deserve each other for all I care.

WCTHEMI
04-13-2012, 03:09 AM
I shudder to think what other evil plans the NDP would put into place if they ever were elected to a majority government. I pray they aren't able to fool any other people into voting for them.

Big Daddy Badger
04-13-2012, 03:32 AM

With regards to the gun crimes, Larry the Cable Guy put it best in one of his stand-up comedy acts - "Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming pencils for bad spelling!"

Sorry buds but there aren't many conservatives in Nfld or the Maritimes outside of New Brunswick.
In fact... there were more NDP ridings than conservative on the rock.

Must be why so many great folks leave there and move here.:)

Matt L.
04-14-2012, 02:52 AM
The second the NDP don't do something Quebec wants they are done. I don't think they really understand that they have sold their souls to the devil for nothing.

Rugerlover
04-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry buds but there aren't many conservatives in Nfld or the Maritimes outside of New Brunswick.
In fact... there were more NDP ridings than conservative on the rock.

Must be why so many great folks leave there and move here.:)

There's a good number of NDP in pockets all over Ontario too...scary.

Rocky7
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
The worst part is that $13B a year is taken from Alberta to pay for this crud.

Rugerlover
04-16-2012, 07:54 AM
The worst part is that $13B a year is taken from Alberta to pay for this crud.

Alberta is going to be paying equalization payments to Ontario now too. I think they have been giving Quebec money as well for a while now

Dr. Phil A
04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Anyone else noticed this clown's new ads. TV and now I was assaulted by one on youtube. One of those ads that pops up prior to you watching something. He certainly has the glassy eyed look of someone who has been drinking the special koolaid and eating the special brownies.

You would think there was going to be a federal election in a month or so.

Neil Waugh
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Just delivered Brian Mason a nice little kick in the knackers a week before the vote. Just to remind everybody what these nutbars really stand for.
When it comes to politics this guy is a total idiot.

helluvahunter
04-16-2012, 11:12 AM
If you vote for these morons and you hunt, or shoot. Then you are not a true hunter, sportsman, and outdoorsman. Wow what a way to say thanks to huntistuff and the rest for fighting the fight and seeing the registry die. Ndp and liberal are scum and don't have a clue.

insurgus
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Fear! Be afraid! Don't vote NDP!!! BOOOO! SHE'S A WITCH! BURN HER!!!! :sign0176:

Redfrog
04-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Fear! Be afraid! Don't vote NDP!!! BOOOO! SHE'S A WITCH! BURN HER!!!! :sign0176:

C'mon that's just silly. You shouldn't vote for them cause they are stupid. Nearly as stupid as the people who vote for them.\\

Now before you start crying, please explain to me how a woman who had no interest in politics won her riding and the voters had no clue who she was.

Does that make effective representational gov't? should that MP be part of a system of making laws for the country?

THe NDP are a joke albeit a dangerous joke.

BTW the witch is PC not NDP.:)

Rugerlover
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Anyone else noticed this clown's new ads. TV and now I was assaulted by one on youtube. One of those ads that pops up prior to you watching something. He certainly has the glassy eyed look of someone who has been drinking the special koolaid and eating the special brownies.

You would think there was going to be a federal election in a month or so.

Now that you saw the ad. Pay special attention to his black eyes that won't even blink to deliver his message. He looks like he is out to win at any cost.
Dangerous to our Gun priviledges...imo

Rugerlover
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
If you vote for these morons and you hunt, or shoot. Then you are not a true hunter, sportsman, and outdoorsman. Wow what a way to say thanks to huntistuff and the rest for fighting the fight and seeing the registry die. Ndp and liberal are scum and don't have a clue.

X2

My worst nightmare is seeing the Liberals getting back on their feet after their last poor election and teaming up with the NDP to bring down Harper.

altaberg
04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
he might want to get advice from Mark Holland, Larry Bagnall or Keith Martin on this issue. Last I checked they are looking for jobs as advisors.

Dr. Phil A
04-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Now that you saw the ad. Pay special attention to his black eyes that won't even blink to deliver his message. He looks like he is out to win at any cost.
Dangerous to our Gun priviledges...imo

Now that you mention that I did notice it. Selling snake oil for sure. Reptilian at best.

Rugerlover
04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Now that you mention that I did notice it. Selling snake oil for sure. Reptilian at best.

Peter Mansbridge of CBC pointed it out for us on the news a couple night back.

petew
04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Don't forget to remind the NDP provincial candidates when the come knocking, or phone you that they are in bed with the Fed. NDP who want the registry re-instated, and you will not consider voting NDP in any election because of this. Perhaps if they get enough feedback from their provincial wing it might just sink in.

Pete

Rugerlover
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Don't forget to remind the NDP provincial candidates when the come knocking, or phone you that they are in bed with the Fed. NDP who want the registry re-instated, and you will not consider voting NDP in any election because of this. Perhaps if they get enough feedback from their provincial wing it might just sink in.

Pete

Problem with that, is that the Urban folks that live in big cities aren't fighting for Non registry of firearms, nor would it be an election issue for them as it would be for rural folks. I would say urban folks welcome the registry as something that they feel goes along with the NDP's agenda in making a good government.

We might have provincial elections here again. The GTA is what gave the Liberals the minority government. All the rural areas voted NDP and Conservative.