PDA

View Full Version : Peace River

Alberta Redneck
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Has anybody tried fishing the Peace River yet this year? It opened April 1st! I'm going to go to Cotillian Park tomorrow to check it out for myself, just curious to see if anyone else has tried yet.

Alberta Redneck

Saltmania
04-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Is Cotillion by Dunvegan? I didn't realize it was open so early.
It's been ice free for a long time now. I noticed it was clear and low at Taylor when I went to Fort St. John 2 months ago.

marlin4570
04-13-2012, 03:59 PM
I went down to have a look the day before it opened, water was clear but the access down was ice covered. The high water last year really changed the sand bar at the access so im not sure if a person can drive rite to the river or not. Im hoping to make it down there in the next couple days. Good luck and let us no how it is. thanks

marlin4570
04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Cotillian is north of Bonanza between BC border and Spirit River.

greylynx
04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
On the B.C. side the Peace drainage is a wonderful place for trout.

We have Athabows, and then there are Peacebows and Peace Kokanee.

chad66
04-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Has anybody tried fishing the Peace River yet this year? It opened April 1st! I'm going to go to Cotillian Park tomorrow to check it out for myself, just curious to see if anyone else has tried yet.

Alberta Redneck

I ice-fished the Peace River on April 1st. near the mouth of the Wabasca River, and I have fished near the mouth of the Boyer River as well. Caught some nice walleye.