PDA

View Full Version : Brown bow

slivers86
04-13-2012, 04:49 PM
wow, the river was super muddy today, couldn't see my feet in under knee deep water. i guess its to be expected after precipitation, but gawd, sure made for a lowsy day... atleast the sun was out and it was t-shirt weather!

BeeGuy
04-13-2012, 04:54 PM
That's a good day to throw a neon coloured spinner for bow brown's.

Dust1n
04-13-2012, 05:21 PM
You could probably pack in a 20 fish day with the high water, it pushes the browns tight to the shoreline so all you got to do is just walk upstream and cover a ton of new spots!

Daceminnow
04-13-2012, 10:09 PM
You could probably pack in a 20 fish day with the high water, it pushes the browns tight to the shoreline so all you got to do is just walk upstream and cover a ton of new spots!

GO TIME. and no whites hanging in there tight either.

Dace

slivers86
04-13-2012, 11:40 PM
i tried nymphing close to shore, was at proper depths, and nothing.

Anything special I should be using in higher water? I tried many different bugs, with nothing. Had 1 hit in 1 1/2 hrs with a bright colored worm and prince nymph on... any thoughts or suggestions????

silverdoctor
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
i tried nymphing close to shore, was at proper depths, and nothing.

Anything special I should be using in higher water? I tried many different bugs, with nothing. Had 1 hit in 1 1/2 hrs with a bright colored worm and prince nymph on... any thoughts or suggestions????

Was out for a few hours yesterday, couple of hits on streamers then switched back to nymph. 3 LDR's and landed one badly twisted up in the leader. Seemed to be liking the big red worm again, usually the top fly on my nymph rig.

She's a little bit higher which is nice.