PDA

View Full Version : WFN Ultimate Fishing Town - Lac La Biche, AB

blackonblackfx4
04-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Hello fishing guys and gals, I know a lot of you have fished in the Lac La Biche region and have some great stories and pictures of your fishing experiences. Lac La Biche is in the running to become the WFN Ultimate Fishing Town which will help support the Annual Fishing Derby Via community sponsorship.

Voting starts May 1st but we would like as many stories, pictures, videos and anything else you have to share on the Lac La Biche Page. (http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/uft/town/laclabiche-ab) Which by the way is the most active page in Canada so far.

Please take a couple minutes if you do enjoy the Lac La Biche Region for fishing and share.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/uft/town/laclabiche-ab

Thanks everyone! And please vote 4 times a day starting May 1st :cheers:.

LacLaBicheNS
04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
ummm.. I live here and the place is fished hard enough as is. If it because WFN ultimate fishing town it will get 10 x worse.. we already have enough *******sses on quads/ski boats etc wrecking it.

Its a great place to fish but I won't vote

Penner
04-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Ditto!

unclebuck
04-14-2012, 06:55 AM
x3

Derbygirl
04-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Sigh..I support your right to an opinion but I don't support your claim that winning a contest that will bring national attention to Lac La Biche will cause the lake to be fished out. Lakes get fished out because of greedy people who don't follow conservation rules and laws not because we are trying to tell the world that we have a beautiful place to live. I understand and accept your position on the subject because it is always good to have strong debate on issues that affect our community. Thank you to blackonblackfx4 for opening a forum on this topic.

pickrel pat
04-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Sigh..I support your right to an opinion but I don't support your claim that winning a contest that will bring national attention to Lac La Biche will cause the lake to be fished out. Lakes get fished out because of greedy people who don't follow conservation rules and laws not because we are trying to tell the world that we have a beautiful place to live. I understand and accept your position on the subject because it is always good to have strong debate on issues that affect our community. Thank you to blackonblackfx4 for opening a forum on this topic.

i agree with the op's wife.

elmer fud
04-14-2012, 08:17 AM
X4
Every year more of our lakes go on the collapsed list do we really need more spot light on a hurting fishery

Derbygirl
04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
X4
Every year more of our lakes go on the collapsed list do we really need more spot light on a hurting fishery

Yes, we do need to focus on it. You can't fix a problem that no one knows about. We shouldn't be ashamed of being the most popular place to fish. What we should be angry about is the greed that leads to overfishing, illegal fishing, and uneducated fishing on protected species. If the community supports the focus on re-building the fish populations then you will get the support to build those stocks. Hiding from a problem rather than dealing with it doesn't solve anything.

LacLaBicheNS
04-14-2012, 10:21 AM

No offense, but I don't think you get how things go around alberta...

Take a trip to wiau, jackson, kinnard, beaver, pinehurst etc...

your right in that "lakes get fished out because of greedy people who don't follow rules".. BUT when ANY time someone in alberta says "hey lake X is a great place to fish".. the amount of people who go to that lake increases ten times, sometimes 50 times (wiau). And of that increase in people a lot are those who don't follow conservation rules. So ya, if lac la biche is declared the ultimate fishing town than I know for a fact there will be less fish.

You also have to realize that even if a lake is strictly catch and release and people follow this rule, its still fishing pressure that has an effect on the lake. Its far better than catch and keep, but it still affects the lake.

I have no problem giving up my secret spots to people on here through pm's. I do hope they don't wreck my spot though. I'll even take epople to my spot in my boat.

I'm not some sour old guy who thinks he owns the lakes.. but until AB get their fishery under control I want to keep the damage to a mimium.

blackonblackfx4
04-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, we do need to focus on it. You can't fix a problem that no one knows about. We shouldn't be ashamed of being the most popular place to fish. What we should be angry about is the greed that leads to overfishing, illegal fishing, and uneducated fishing on protected species. If the community supports the focus on re-building the fish populations then you will get the support to build those stocks. Hiding from a problem rather than dealing with it doesn't solve anything.

Couldn't agree more. Illegal fishing activities who take thousands of fish from a lake have a lot bigger impact than a few fishermen with hooks.

If our lakes are unsustainable maybe we need to look into the conservation. Obviously with more and more lakes being collapsed every year it is unsatisfactory monitoring and regulations. Shouldn't regulations protect a lake, not fish it out?

Everyone is open to their opinion though, and thanks for responses.

czoom
04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Yep all the spotlight will eventually hurt there fishery and it will suck someday.

Derbygirl
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Don't forget demand drives change. Don't blame it on how it works in "Alberta". Look at the east coast opposition to conservation and cold hard stubborness to adapt forced the end of the industry there. "Alberta" has always understood that in order to survive you had to adapt and evolve!!! We were always the "have not" province and always had to pull together and fight for everything we got or finance it by the pockets of the people who lived here. Populations are going to grow everywhere. That's the reality. Teaching conservation and being instrumental in directing regulatory change will always be a slow process. I completely agree with you about fishing pressure but the only way to get some control is to create the movement to change it and by bringing debate to a simple forum like this you have already initiated the process. So don't get yourself wound up about "what people think" speak your mind and encourage others to do the same - That is "Alberta".

Winch101
04-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Sounds like a tourist stunt...

If a town in alberta can be in the running for top fishing area in Canada

something is amiss. And I agree if you live there and fish there

than you dont need the publicity ....Look at what a **** show southern alberta is because of this board

Derbygirl
04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
LMAO!!!! Ok - I give up!!! Let's keep everyone away from Lac La Biche - don't let them come here to eat, shop, and build our economy and god forbid they breath our air too - let's stand guard at the gateway with our hillbilly shotguns and stare at them and make them unwanted so no one will EVER want to come here - 'caus yuh 'nows dats 'ow we likes it do be jus' peeple lak us -

BeeGuy
04-15-2012, 07:17 PM
LMAO!!!! Ok - I give up!!! Let's keep everyone away from Lac La Biche - don't let them come here to eat, shop, and build our economy and god forbid they breath our air too - let's stand guard at the gateway with our hillbilly shotguns and stare at them and make them unwanted so no one will EVER want to come here - 'caus yuh 'nows dats 'ow we likes it do be jus' peeple lak us -

You nailed it.