PDA

View Full Version : Lake isle

Vigsy
04-14-2012, 02:52 PM
As most of you know Lake Isle had a really bad winter kill two winters ago! :sign0176:

My family has a cabin by the lake and i really miss fishing there, does anyone know what or when they plan to stock it or do anything about it? Or does anyone know where i could find this info? Thanks

bobalong
04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
With the exception of a couple of lakes, Alberta does very little walleye stocking. I do not know who the biologist is for that area, but if you contact SRD that would be your bet for finding out.

fishunter
04-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I thinks I heard they are going to restock it next year. I could be wrong. The biologist works out of the stony plain office. I was to submit some underwater video of the winter kill but the file is too big for me to burn it to a disk

Kim473
04-15-2012, 05:29 AM
They took eyes out of there a few years back and put them in wabamun so I imagine they will take some out of lac st.anne and put them in there. The lake is a zero catch limit this year and probly for a few to come. I highly doubt it if the lake completly winter killed so with a zero limit for say 5 years it will come back over time.
Too bad, was one of my favorite lakes for perch. In my Top 5