PDA

View Full Version : Tay yesterday

Shrubs
03-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Well I was going to go to Buck yesterday but ended up only having half the day to fish so headed to Tay instead since a lot closer. Trail in starting to get a bit soft on top in spots but still pretty hard underneath. No one else was there which was pretty cool but the fishing was a bit slow for the most part until about 5 pm where for 20 minutes I got quite a few hits. Managed to land 2 that's it.

Anyone ever catch anything big outa there? I set the hook on one that felt like a rock and ended up snapping my line.

ximmix2007
03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Are you taking Tay Lake? I caught quite a few in the summer biggest being about 2 pounds, fished from shore with spinners. The fish were rising all over the bay, if you can call it that, that we were fishing in, floating vegatation gottalove it. Next time we'll bring the fly rods and the pontoon.

Shrubs
03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry, yes Tay lake west of Caroline. I've only fished there once in the summer for about half an hour standing in the muskeg. Could see fish in real shallow rising at stuff but I couldn't hook any.