PDA

View Full Version : Well gave her Maiden Voyage

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Well I left home at 515 Saturday morning, loaded truck up, with boat in tow. Great. Get to around Leduc Highway was looking a little snotty, but not bad. I kept going got to just south of Wetaskiwin hwy 13 overpass.

Well the woman driver in a car ahead of me started fishtailing , so I tap my breaks , and my boat trailer and boat start fishtailing UH OH I slowly correct it was good to go then boat went Boat and me now out of control , boat and trailer spun me around so now I’m sitting North in the Southbound lane .

With 10 foot ditches either side, managed to keep both on the highway, and un harmed, not sure how but I did. By far the scariest thing I’ve ever had happen I think. SO after I cleaned my pants and heart attack subsided, I called 911, RCMP came within 8 minutes I think. He stopped traffic, and let me get back facing south.

I called JTS1 said I’m not coming , but once I got things situated , Called him back when I was closer to Red Deer called him back and said I’m on my way . With a few more crappy spots, counted 8 more cars and 3 semis in the ditch. I drove in 4x4 all the way to Calgary.

So I pick JTS1 up and were headed to Lethbridge where I meet up with Npauls also forum member, we head to an area lake and launched our boats, started the process of breaking in the motor, after about an hour and half or 2 hours was enough of that it was very cold on the water with that wind and tempature being around 0 give or take 3 or 4 degrees.

So we sit here in our hotel room eating our breakfast trying to come up with a plan of attack for the day , with the temp being - 8 I don’t think I’ll chance launching the boat , so we might go head to one of the area ponds do a little fishing from shore .

Tomorrow is set to be +13 so were going to get up early and load up on continental breakfast, and head out to Lake LMNOP.

I will post pictures later as we have pictures and Video.

Trackdays
04-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Glad you and the boat are safe. I had a scary experience on the highway a few years ago pulling a trailer and almost lost it as well. Scary stuff. Its amazing you managed to not jackknife it or something. Hope you have a great time tomorrow!

04-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Glad you and the boat are safe. I had a scary experience on the highway a few years ago pulling a trailer and almost lost it as well. Scary stuff. Its amazing you managed to not jackknife it or something. Hope you have a great time tomorrow!

Oh I did trailer was completely 90 ' to my truck and how It didnt go in the ditch is beyond me , I counter steered threw it into 4x4 and thats when I came to a stop and my heart was in my throat . Im still shocked not as mark on anything , and actually I thought I bent the rim on the one time but it was just full of snow and ice .

WayneChristie
04-15-2012, 11:31 AM
supposed to do donuts on the water not the highway :bad_boys_20: glad you made it. too bad Jeff wasnt with you, you would have heard him scream like a little girl! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
supposed to do donuts on the water not the highway :bad_boys_20: glad you made it. too bad Jeff wasnt with you, you would have heard him scream like a little girl! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Thats what he said to wayne , I didnt have time to scream I let out an OH **** ....

sureshot
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Glad to hear your ok John. That stretch of highway can get very nasy at times.

Andy

04-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Glad to hear your ok John. That stretch of highway can get very nasy at times.

Andy

Now you tell me LOL Kidding I knew that but that was by far the whorst ive ever seen it , the scary thing was me facing north with other cars slipping and doing the same thing I did but headed right towards me , I was on the phone to 911 operator , and im like UH OH UH OH she said whats wrong I said a car doing a 360 headed right towards me . The weird thing was that it was only the south bound lane .

silverdoctor
04-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Jeebus, not a way to christen a boat is it. Glad you're safe and sound, would love to have heard Jeff screaming ;)

jts1
04-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I only scream when I see spiders. And it's a manly scream

WayneChristie
04-15-2012, 12:28 PM

wait til you get your first sturgeon. Im pretty sure I scared the birds for about 5 miles when I got my first one!

ViperV7
04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Still have mine out at the farm, she's coming home next weekend!!!

Lornce
04-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Wow sounds like it was really dicey, glad it came out good in the end. At least you got the motor broken in.

Badback
04-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Glad everything is alright...Can you imagine damaging your boat on its maiden voyage the weekend that the Titanic sunk...

silverdoctor
04-15-2012, 02:51 PM

So did you get out fishing at all?

huntsfurfish
04-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Good that all is OK! Welcome to the South(Lethbridge).

WayneChristie
04-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Glad everything is alright...Can you imagine damaging your boat on its maiden voyage the weekend that the Titanic sunk...

guess he has a name for his new boat now! Titanic 2! :bad_boys_20: or maybe Panic!

ViperV7
04-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I like that.

Ken07AOVette
04-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Glad you aren't damaged Johnboy

04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Wow sounds like it was really dicey, glad it came out good in the end. At least you got the motor broken in.

I wouldnt say its broken in , we did a little trolling but I varryed the speed as break in states not to leave it at one speed kept it below 3500 RPM found out also that the MPH gauge doesnt work which kinda angers me .

Ahwell Ive enjoyed a few budweisers with my prostaff guys , and a couple AO buddys came to our hotel we enjoyed some pizza , and pops now time for a shower and sleep more fish to be caught tommorow before I head north , at some point , hope the damn highway wont be a nightmare .

04-16-2012, 12:51 AM

Good that all is OK! Welcome to the South(Lethbridge).

Beautiful country love the open prarie with the mountains in the background , but my god yall gotta figure this wind crap out , Npauls says this isnt even windy damn its like a hurricane compared to what we get up north .

Torino
04-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Beautiful country love the open prarie with the mountains in the background , but my god yall gotta figure this wind crap out , Npauls says this isnt even windy damn its like a hurricane compared to what we get up north .

You should be able to take your boat right in and get that MPH gauge fixed right? It is brand new, strange its not working

Alberta Bigbore
04-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah bbj.. May as well stop at bass pro early when they open on your way back up

Mike_W
04-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Did you make sure your speedometer is in the down position on your stern?
I would say you let your eagerness over power your better judgement ..... Good thing your alright and so is your boat, but a word of advice for a future boat captin and guide is don't let it happen again..... I'm sure the future will bring more opportunities to question a situation. There are pleanty lakes in Alberta BC and let's not forget the ocean that will turn your boat inside out and upside down in the wrong circumstances.

Be safe
Mike

TROLLER
04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
That speedo is not a big deal.. 90% of the time it is a 5 amp fuse right under your legs.

One thing you need is to carry extra fuses in the glove box.

horsetrader
04-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Did you make sure your speedometer is in the down position on your stern?
I would say you let your eagerness over power your better judgement ..... Good thing your alright and so is your boat, but a word of advice for a future boat captin and guide is don't let it happen again..... I'm sure the future will bring more opportunities to question a situation. There are pleanty lakes in Alberta BC and let's not forget the ocean that will turn your boat inside out and upside down in the wrong circumstances.

Be safe
Mike

The tube could be up or the bug plug might still be in ....gotta keep the spiders out ...lol

Sooner
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I too traveled that highway on sat morning, I guess one of the many trails heading into the ditch was yours. Glad that you got out with no damage. I seen a few car parts in the ditch, lots of spots where people hit the ditch, one crewcab with fifth wheel stuck in the mud between the highways and a tandem semi trailer all tangled up in the metal fence between the highways closer to Calgary. We didnt have any issues, I guess the winter radials did their job.

highwood
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Glad you're alright but it begs the question...why go in the first place? The forecast was no secret and it nearly cost you a new boat and your life. For someone who always rags on BGSH about safety, I'm a little surprised at your judgement. Either way, glad to hear no one and nothing were harmed, other than your shorts.

diamond k
04-16-2012, 08:38 PM
BBJ Pro staff. Thought it was a joke when i first read it, even chucked a bit. Now I think he might be serious.:thinking-006:

TyreeUM
04-16-2012, 09:29 PM
BBJ Pro staff. Thought it was a joke when i first read it, even chucked a bit. Now I think he might be serious.:thinking-006:

What is BBJ prostaff?

jts1
04-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Tell you something right now. BBJ is a top shelf guy, would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I consider myself lucky to be able to call him my friend. And I am sure you will find many others on here think the same way. So please keep your comments and chuckles to yourself.

FishingFrenzy
04-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Tell you something right now. BBJ is a top shelf guy, would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I consider myself lucky to be able to call him my friend. And I am sure you will find many others on here think the same way. So please keep your comments and chuckles to yourself.

X2,

BBJ has his own line of tackle, and therefore has the same right to have prostaffers as anyone else.

BBJ is always a standup guy, willing to lend a hand and help a guy out. Top notch guy, never met him in person but from what I've read he's one of the best guys on AO.

hunter49
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
This is why guides need to be licensed in AB...:snapoutofit:

npauls
04-16-2012, 09:58 PM

What does it have to do with being a guide?

A prostaffer doesn't guide for a company. They represent the company and help get the company out on the market more.

The BBJ prostaff team is just a bunch of guys who like to get out and have a good time fishing whenever possible.

Read up on his site about the prostaff members and see what the guys are all about. None of them are pros and all are just a bunch of guys looking to have a good time on the water like anyone else.

Wes_G
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM

Lol , we have it figured, out... we've learned to just deal with it and fish anyway.

horsetrader
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
What does it have to do with being a guide?

A prostaffer doesn't guide for a company. They represent the company and help get the company out on the market more.

The BBJ prostaff team is just a bunch of guys who like to get out and have a good time fishing whenever possible.

Read up on his site about the prostaff members and see what the guys are all about. None of them are pros and all are just a bunch of guys looking to have a good time on the water like anyone else.

Holy Crap i've been a prostaff or years and didn't know it......:sHa_shakeshout:

gl2
04-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Holy Crap i've been a prostaff or years and didn't know it......:sHa_shakeshout:

Live target should be paying you....frog prostaffer?

Albertadiver
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
This fishing discussion is always such a gong show for some reason. I just don't understand why guys go nuts on each other all the time.

I've met John in person. He's got a love for fishing that I've never seen. I enjoy fishing, but I don't have wet dreams about it like John does.

He is a sincere guy with a huge heart. He makes some sweet stuff, but he has to be careful not to advertise due to forum rules unless he wants to become a sponser.

Johnny, you dufus, you shoulda known better than to drive through that stuff! That being said, I would have probably done the same thing if I had a sweet new boat that could have been used on open water!

Lefty-Canuck
04-16-2012, 11:00 PM

X2....

First time I met BBJ was out at a local lake and he was with Geezle and a couple other of his buddies (actually the first time I met any of them)... they invited me to join them for a shore lunch and a BS session. He is a good guy with a big heart as has been said.

LC

sureshot
04-16-2012, 11:25 PM

X3

You guys could learn something from Bbj when it comes to being a stand up guy. I fish with John and have had dealings with him and am proud to call him my friend.

Andy

Alberta Bigbore
04-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Ive known BBJ since grade school. ive fished and hunted with him, and its nothing but comedy....and some other stuff. but this is a family site. lol

Badback
04-17-2012, 07:48 AM
tell you something right now. Bbj is a top shelf guy, would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I consider myself lucky to be able to call him my friend. And i am sure you will find many others on here think the same way. So please keep your comments and chuckles to yourself.

x2,

bbj has his own line of tackle, and therefore has the same right to have prostaffers as anyone else.

Bbj is always a standup guy, willing to lend a hand and help a guy out. Top notch guy, never met him in person but from what i've read he's one of the best guys on ao.

Paul C
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
This thread does bring a good point about " Prostaffers ". I would like to think that guides should be licensed as well for legal reasons. When you guide in a boat I would go with somebody who is an established business will carry the right insurance and other other documents. If you are selling tackle in a provincial park you need the papers to do this. I am not clear on the guiding of people in a boat on government water bodies. A couple of years ago a friend mine was contracted to take care of a large provincial park and had a customer who died in one of his boats wearing the parks life jacket. The accident was clearly not his fault but was questioned by the government over his lack of policies. Questioned about the pre launch procedures. At that time the family of the deceased person was putting pressure on the park about there written and non written policies. The man who had passed away had a heart attack in the parks canoe. Clearly was not the contractors fault.
Since that accident strict guidelines were put in place as well as more inspection of peoples contents that they bring fishing.
So with this in mine should Pro-staffers be licensed. I leave it to AO members to be the judge.

Albertadiver
04-17-2012, 03:06 PM
What does that ^^^ have anything to do with BBJ taking his boat out for the first time?

Maybe a new thread topic?

npauls
04-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Why should a Pro-staffer be licensed? Pro-staffing has nothing to do with guiding or actually making the sale of a product. They are part of the advertising of a company not the actual sales of said company.

To get back on topic. BBJ's boat looked pretty damn nice ripping around the water. It is to bad that the cold weather seems to have made the fish pretty tight lipped as of late.

It is sitting in my driveway and will probably be out rocking on the water on opening weekend for the walleye lakes.

04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
This thread does bring a good point about " Prostaffers ". I would like to think that guides should be licensed as well for legal reasons. When you guide in a boat I would go with somebody who is an established business will carry the right insurance and other other documents. If you are selling tackle in a provincial park you need the papers to do this. I am not clear on the guiding of people in a boat on government water bodies. A couple of years ago a friend mine was contracted to take care of a large provincial park and had a customer who died in one of his boats wearing the parks life jacket. The accident was clearly not his fault but was questioned by the government over his lack of policies. Questioned about the pre launch procedures. At that time the family of the deceased person was putting pressure on the park about there written and non written policies. The man who had passed away had a heart attack in the parks canoe. Clearly was not the contractors fault.
Since that accident strict guidelines were put in place as well as more inspection of peoples contents that they bring fishing.
So with this in mine should Pro-staffers be licensed. I leave it to AO members to be the judge.

I dont think there was any thing ever said about anyone talking about guiding and selling tackle in a provincial park . I dont do any business other then , at shows I attend , or off my website , I will take orders and serve those , thats just me though .

Having a Prostaffer Licensed would be a very stupid thing that would be like Licensing a billboard .

I to agree that guiding should be regulated and you should have to be a licensed guide , all though the fishing opportunity in Alberta is very small compared to BC , Sask , Man , Ont . But we do have a world class trout fishery .

As for one inspecting my boat , truck etc better have a warrant or wear a badge and have damn good purpose to do so . I think I have been clear in plenty of my posts in the past that Im anti drug / Anti booze while boating , or in control of any type of vehicle . All though some dont think that is the case , and are likely the ones that make life hell for someone like me .

In my own defence I can gladly say Ive got more insureance , and have taken very in depth safety measures also invested alot of money that all my safety equipment is the best of the best . You will also find that you come on one of my fishing trips you show up reaking like booze , or drugs or have those items on you , you will be handed your money back and I launch my boat and go fishing WITHOUT YOU . I have all the proper documentation , to running a legal boat in Canada / Alberta I just need to get the number printed now for my boat .

04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Why should a Pro-staffer be licensed? Pro-staffing has nothing to do with guiding or actually making the sale of a product. They are part of the advertising of a company not the actual sales of said company.

To get back on topic. BBJ's boat looked pretty damn nice ripping around the water. It is to bad that the cold weather seems to have made the fish pretty tight lipped as of late.

It is sitting in my driveway and will probably be out rocking on the water on opening weekend for the walleye lakes.

DAMN RIGHT IT WILL BE , Im already getting stuff ready for It and Ill have my Registration and what not came in the MAil today , so gotta get my guy to print the numbers and what not , also gotta get ahold of them folks at Bass pro . About that Speedo , as there isnt the pick up on the Transom as was mentioned by Johnab and Mike W . I also found out the stickers are peeling off the side , and the motor isnt centreing .

WayneChristie
04-17-2012, 05:33 PM
also gotta get ahold of them folks at Bass pro . About that Speedo ,

My God man, wasnt the thong torture enough for the rest of us???????:scared0018::scared0018:

WayneChristie
04-17-2012, 05:38 PM
and I for one am happy to use BBJs fishing gear, Ive caught some very nice fish on them and will be catching a lot more.
hunter49 Ive finally figured out who you are, you are my ex wife posing as a fisherman, couldnt be two people with so many opinions and making so little sense.

bb356
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Glad your ok .............. thank's for sharing your boat adventure's !!! :)

lannie
04-17-2012, 05:54 PM
When do we see a picture of it in the water John?

catnthehat
04-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear your boat is in one piece after the ride and you got it on the water!

WAITAMINIT??!!:sign0161:
-8 degrees??!! that's simply balmy weather for up here!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Throw on an extra sweater and give 'er!:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat

diamond k
04-17-2012, 06:41 PM

Nobody said he was not a good guy, I was only questioning the title of pro staffer. Apparently you dont need to be a pro to be a pro staffer as stated above. Just think it does a dis service to guys who are real pro staff "employees" and work hard to get it.

Hey i cant wait to tell my wife I am a pro staff lover, I am not that good,and dont get paid but I have fun so that what counts I guess.

CamoDerrick
04-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Nobody said he was not a good guy, I was only questioning the title of pro staffer. Apparently you dont need to be a pro to be a pro staffer as stated above. Just think it does a dis service to guys who are real pro staff "employees" and work hard to get it.

Hey i cant wait to tell my wife I am a pro staff lover, I am not that good,and dont get paid but I have fun so that what counts I guess.

It's not like it is a self given title. John has hand picked these fellows to be a part of his team, and this team is representing his products throughout Alberta.
Sure, they may not have gone to school to become a pro staffer, but what sort of training do you propose then?

The way that you are putting it is like they are showing up at the local hockey rink to play shinny and proclaiming to be pro hockey players.

catnthehat
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM

"PRO STAFFER" does not mean " professional " staffer, but "promotional" staffer, two complelty different things, for sure.
Pro staffers promote the gear they are using for either money or
discounts /freebies on gear they use that a company sells.
Cat

horsetrader
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
"PRO STAFFER" does not mean " professional " staffer, but "promotional" staffer, two complelty different things, for sure.
Pro staffers promote the gear they are using for either money or
discounts /freebies on gear they use that a company sells.
Cat

WOW you mean theses guys get PAYED to fish and get their gear for FREE Is that right? must be nice guys congrats.

npauls
04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
WOW you mean theses guys get PAYED to fish and get their gear for FREE Is that right? must be nice guys congrats.

The only way I get payed to fish is if I win money in tournaments.

I get discounts on gear and a few freebie items.

I can't speak for others but that is my situation.

PS. BBJ you better be ready for the wind down here next time. If it starts warming up it will get real windy. Be ready for 2-3 foot waves on some of the bigger lakes if that does happen.

horsetrader
04-17-2012, 08:00 PM
The only way I get payed to fish is if I win money in tournaments.

I get discounts on gear and a few freebie items.

I can't speak for others but that is my situation.

I think i'll prostaff for chubb I can get KFC coupon's ....LOL

npauls
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
I think i'll prostaff for chubb I can get KFC coupon's ....LOL

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Be careful with that one. You eat to much of that stuff and it could be a bad day on the boat.

04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
When do we see a picture of it in the water John?
Bug JTS1 to post pictures he got video to . Should have had Nathan to take one as I was passing him .

I would love to know what Qualifies someone to be a prostaffer , I know guys that represent multi million dollar companys , that dont even fish tournaments . Please fill me in .

As far as me I own my company , and I would much rather have someone who knows enough about fishing that can catch them and talk to a few people to get my business name and our brand out there . I think thats far superior then someone who can sit there and tell them all the tournaments they fish and win with there product , The proof is in the pudding when it comes to this business . You see a few guys who love fishing as much as me , catching fish with my lures BAM they are gonna sell .

Yes All my Prostaffers get at lease one of each product I have , several of different colors , sizes , etc . The Idea is when someone is out fishing and you walk up to them ( THAT BEING NO BIG SHOCK ) say hey what you catchin them fish on , These guys who represent me pull out show them the stuff and hand them a business card or sticker , and then in hope of those people getting ahold of me and buying some hooks . Thats how I rely on business and Since Adding prostaffers 2 years ago business has quadrupled .
And Yes I take the guys out On The boat or free Sturgeon fishing trip . Or Pizza and beer , you know we are a tight group and we are also friends .

That is how I run my business and Thats the way Ill keep it , I might not become the next Berkley , but Remember Len Thompson Fishing company was once what I am today .

catnthehat
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Anytime you need a Northeastern prostaffer in Ft. mac, just PM me!!:)
Cat

04-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Anytime you need a Northeastern prostaffer in Ft. mac, just PM me!!:)
Cat

Ive kept you in mind if you google my company you will see theres a prostaffer section I dont want to break any forum laws as im sure they are patroling this Thread pretty good . The last place to Exspand my prostaffers is north east and north west but that will happen this coming winter . Ill be in touch .

moosehunter3-0
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM

X2 Lets be honest here, how many people offer starving college students free beer and pizza?

04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
X2 Lets be honest here, how many people offer starving college students free beer and pizza?

LOL Well you and your brother are good guys , talked to you lots meet your brother before , was a good evening .

buckbrushoutdoors
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
How many hooks do you sell a year John? I've heard they are pretty good quality?

pickrel pat
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM

bbj? not rhf though!:)

04-17-2012, 08:47 PM
How many hooks do you sell a year John? I've heard they are pretty good quality?

It depends , This year im over 10,000 already but I had some huge huge huge orders but last year I did up 7500 and they all sold , Ive never heard any issue about the quality of my hooks , you gonna be at the trade show this weekend ? If so pop by my booth im right next door to Fish and Game .

Better yet Ill ask anyone off AO who has bought hooks from me to post right here how they think the quality is of the hooks , I will also pm this to a few of the guys I know who have my hooks .

npauls
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Mmmm beer and pizza. That was a good time. Nice to meet you and your brother.

pickrel pat
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
in all seriousness bbj, if its your intent to grow your buisness, i think maybe sponsering this site and having a link to your site with every post you make would be a heck of a start. maybe an add in the magazine as well....... but thats your buisness not mine....... just throwing it out there......:):)

04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
in all seriousness bbj, if its your intent to grow your buisness, i think maybe sponsering this site and having a link to your site with every post you make would be a heck of a start. maybe an add in the magazine as well....... but thats your buisness not mine....... just throwing it out there......:):)

You know Ive given great thought to that , And would absolutely love to , I am trying to keep my costs down , as I have never once approched the bank for money , but you are right I need to do some advertising , and get our name and product out there . But the amount of money they want to advertise Is a little deep for my pocket , if I had the oppurtunity to take a small loan I would advertise in every magizne , forum , fishing regs . For a couple of years but thats like 6 or 7 thousand dollars .

Alberta Bigbore
04-17-2012, 08:57 PM
also gotta get ahold of them folks at Bass pro . About that Speedo .
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/nooooooo.jpg

heh:snapoutofit:

pickrel pat
04-17-2012, 08:59 PM
get a nice decal on your boat and truck and maybe hit up a couple tournys this year, thats what i call cheap and fun advertising!

04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
get a nice decal on your boat and maybe hit up a couple tournys this year, thats what i call cheap and fun advertising!

Ive done that , And got my sign guy to slap a few of his company decals on my boat aswell and we got our team jerseys not sure if that breaks forum rules but man they are nice .

WayneChristie
04-17-2012, 09:03 PM
get a nice decal on your boat and maybe hit up a couple tournys this year, thats what i call cheap and fun advertising!

got one derby planned for June already, going to have that pretty new boat smelling all fishy in no time.

pickrel pat
04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Ive done that , And got my sign guy to slap a few of his company decals on my boat aswell and we got our team jerseys not sure if that breaks forum rules but man they are nice .

wonder if we will get to see pics of your boat on here if it has company decals? might have to fudge it out?

04-17-2012, 09:07 PM
got one derby planned for June already, going to have that pretty new boat smelling all fishy in no time.

Theres 2 more after that and one before that to .

Alberta Bigbore
04-17-2012, 09:14 PM
i think i'll prostaff for chubb i can get kfc coupon's ....lol

hahaha

npauls
04-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I need to get some of those Decals on my rig to John. The space is still open for them on the sides of the boat.

npauls
04-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Theres 2 more after that and one before that to .

Which ones before and after are you thinking of?

04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Which ones before and after are you thinking of?

Rolling hills , Fawcett lake , Maybe Moose lake and Gull lake .

horsetrader
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Be careful with that one. You eat to much of that stuff and it could be a bad day on the boat.

Only for the other guys on the boat........LOL

04-17-2012, 10:00 PM

Explain to me why guides need to be Licensed so when they hit a little ice they dont hit the ditch . give your self a head shake and Pming any of my Prostaff members is really an upclass thing to do . Well done .

horsetrader
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
It depends , This year im over 10,000 already but I had some huge huge huge orders but last year I did up 7500 and they all sold , Ive never heard any issue about the quality of my hooks , you gonna be at the trade show this weekend ? If so pop by my booth im right next door to Fish and Game .

Better yet Ill ask anyone off AO who has bought hooks from me to post right here how they think the quality is of the hooks , I will also pm this to a few of the guys I know who have my hooks .

Where is the trade show this weekend John?

04-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Where is the trade show this weekend John?

In Fort Saskatchewan its the last one Ill be doing this year .

horsetrader
04-17-2012, 10:19 PM

ok thanks

Geezle
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM

I'll be there! :cool:

Glad to hear you got a chance to take the new tub for a bit of a test run! Also glad you managed to make it there and back in one piece...even if your underwear didn't :scared:

I'll reserve comment on much of the rest of the thread for anther time...:o

Alberta Bigbore
04-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I'll be there! :cool:

Glad to hear you got a chance to take the new tub for a bit of a test run! Also glad you managed to make it there and back in one piece...even if your underwear didn't :scared:

I'll reserve comment on much of the rest of the thread for anther time...:o

now now geezle, you better play nice LOL

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/banhammerhasarrived.jpg

Albertadiver
04-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Believe it or not folks, that is actually our new Mod ABB in the above photo!

(Insert LMFAO reference here: He works out!)

:scared0018:

Lefty-Canuck
04-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Believe it or not folks, that is actually our new Mod ABB in the above photo!

(Insert LMFAO reference here: He works out!)

:scared0018:

Yup....I sold him some tires for his GF's vehicle....and I watched in amazement as he proceeded to change them on the spot....without a jack and he actually used his teeth to remove the lugs and I have never seen a guy blow up 4 tires with his own lungs before....3 yes but never 4....it was truly a sight to behold :)

LC :)

TyreeUM
04-18-2012, 07:52 AM

Never heard of your tackle until this thread, I took a look at your site and it looks good. I don't really fish jigs and such, but I think there would be a huge market in Saskatchewan for those buck-tail jigs.

Alberta Bigbore
04-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Yup....I sold him some tires for his GF's vehicle....and I watched in amazement as he proceeded to change them on the spot....without a jack and he actually used his teeth to remove the lugs and I have never seen a guy blow up 4 tires with his own lungs before....3 yes but never 4....it was truly a sight to behold :)

LC :)

now that's just silly.. I couldn't get past blowing up 2 tires and you know it.