PDA

View Full Version : Mods, some courtesy please

Okotokian
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Just checked a thread I had posted on and found all my posts deleted. I checked with some others who had corresponded and they also had theirs deleted without explanation. We have no idea what we did wrong. As far as we know we hadn't flamed anyone, said nothing insulting, etc. It was a thread about dogs for goodness sake.

I respect the right of the owner and the mods to edit, but if you are going to delete posts at least send us a PM as to why so we can learn and not do it again. If we make mistakes, just tell us. We will try to be better.

Nationwide
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Just checked a thread I had posted on and found all my posts deleted. I checked with some others who had corresponded and they also had theirs deleted without explanation. Humm maybe it was the way you came across in the topic.:lol: :lol: :wave:

Kanonfodder
03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Ok I had some posts nuked too and Lil apologized and said it was collaterall damage from another post got poofed...

lilsundance
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Guys we try to let people know when we delete a post and why. However sometimes when we have to edit and delete a bunch of posts in a large thread, its just to complicated to send out 8-12 pms explaining things. Its just not feasible in situations like that. If you feel your post was calateral damage just send us a pm. letting us know in what thread your post was in. But in most cases the offender knows why his post was nixed. lol

Versatile
03-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Ya all 3 members in question with all 9 posts in the entire thread :rolleye2:

lilsundance
03-19-2008, 10:44 PM
well Ryan, 3 members, 9 posts in one thread and how many more threads get taken care of at the same sitting. I made the above post as a courtesy and so people can understand we don't always have the time to pm them. If you choose not to believe thats thats your choice.

Versatile
03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Maybe take it 1 thread at a time and email the members in question. Or atleast leave the useful information.

You signed up for the job if its too big ask for more help.

Okotokian
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm not offended by any posts of mine being deleted. That's the Mod's job. I just like to know why so if it's because of anything inappropriate I've said I can learn from it and not repeat the mistake. But not a huge issue.

Nationwide
03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Maybe take it 1 thread at a time and email the members in question. Or atleast leave the useful information.

You signed up for the job if its too big ask for more help.WOW :confused: That wasn't nice its a tuff enough job..

Okotokian
03-20-2008, 11:34 AM
WOW :confused: That wasn't nice its a tuff enough job..

Yeah, I wouldn't want it, though I'm sure it pays fantastic :lol:

labour of love obviously. Glad someone's doing it.

lilsundance
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Well Ryan I am not going to debate this any further. I will just say that our priorities are different. Time constraints dictate priorities. Its better to edit a lot of threads, considering the number of posts we have been having on the board lately, than to spend all your time in pm's. Yes I volunteered for the job when Rob asked me, because I love this board and the information that is passed between fellow outdoorsmen/women. I am thankful we have something like this to share information, ideas and stories. Thats all I am going to say on this.
Have a great day everyone.

nekred
03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Mods you have done a lot to clean up the boards and they are much improved as a result!....

Thanks

Versatile
03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Fine but atleast leave the valueable information in the post.

Versatile
03-20-2008, 03:51 PM
"WOW That wasn't nice its a tuff enough job.." They will get no sympathy from me they signed up for the job and its their job. If they dont like it then quit.

honda450
03-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Ryan I think the mods run this forum, not you.

Versatile
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Obvcourse they do. But why are they deleted valueable information this is what has me curious.

cohod
03-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Why don’t you volunteer then Ryan? Oh that’s right you already tried that on another forum didn't work out so good did it?:wave:

Okotokian
03-20-2008, 04:02 PM
"WOW That wasn't nice its a tuff enough job.." They will get no sympathy from me they signed up for the job and its their job. If they dont like it then quit.

If they quit we don't have a board. I'm sorry I ever brought this issue up.

honda450
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Well why don't you PM them and ask? Pretty simple. But lets not drag it on. There is a great deal of knowledge to be gained here. Going without this forum for me in the morning is like a caffine withdraw.

lilsundance
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
nothing more to be said on this on the board.