PDA

View Full Version : Walleye tourney partner?

SamSteele
04-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi all. I'm interested in getting involved with walleye tournaments in northern Alberta, but I haven't had any experience with them yet. I am looking for an experienced tournament fisherman that is in need of a partner. I have all the gear, a lot of non-tournament experience, and mostly a passion for fishing.

Anyone out there need a partner?

SS

FisherPotch
04-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Done a lot of fishing for walleye?

Freedom55
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM
I'd say that what you need is a partner, any partner, then get on up to Big River. Delaronde Lake is easy to fish and there is plenty of knowledge to share. That's where I made my first attempt (with my teenaged nephew). The people were great and the education I received is way off the scale.

$600.00 entry fee is easy to take, 25 large if a full compliment of boats show up, plus day money and other cash. Can't go wrong. Bring a camper.

Here's your first tip: bottom bouncers and harness rigs #3 colorado blade.

Free

SamSteele
04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
FisherPotch

Grew up in Northern Saskatchewan fishing for walleye and pike every chance I could so I have a fair bit of experience. Also do bunch of lake trout (in spring and fall) and arctic grayling fishing too. That being said, there would certainly be new techniques and methods that I haven't been exposed too before, but I am open to trying new things and likely have the equipment to do so. Last count I was around $2k in terminal tackle.

Alberta Bigbore
04-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Check with BBJ. I heard he's going to be entering tournaments left right and center.

buckbrushoutdoors
04-17-2012, 12:00 PM
X2 on BBJ him and his prostaff will be snagging a few wins at the touneys this summer.