PDA

View Full Version : Didsbury boys in court

Tuc
03-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Can you believe this, 12 YEARS OLD!!!

Apparently they didn't have their azz kicked (if they had any parents at all) hard enough when they were younger.
Oh, I forgot, you can't do that in todays politically correct world. It's better to spare the rod and spoil the child......house them in jails, waste tax payers money on special programs for them, then let em out to do it all over again. GREAT world we live in! :D

Didsbury boys in court

rre/cba
POSTED AT 11:55 AM Monday, March 17

Two boys charged after a threat against a Didsbury school made their first court appearance on Monday.
The pair of 12-year-olds, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, are charged with break and enter, theft, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a restricted weapon.
One of the boys is also charged with uttering threats against Westglen School.
After being charged, the boys were released from custody with several conditions including living at a location directed by Child and Family Social Services.
In court on Monday, the judge determined the boys' family should determine where they should live pending trial.
The case was put over until April to allow them to get legal representation.

Okotokian
03-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Can you believe this, 12 YEARS OLD!!!

Apparently they didn't have their azz kicked (if they had any parents at all) hard enough when they were younger.

Perhaps, or perhaps they got their asses kicked way too much. People who commit abuse and violent acts were often abused as kids. They just continue the cycle. Can't really say in this case yet.

geezer55
03-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Here's a subject that really irks me. Children get into trouble and right away people say "Where are the parents and why aren't they bringing their children up correctly?" Nowadays the government says that you can not reprimand your children by spanking them or taking away privileges but when the children get into trouble they want to come down on the parents and make the parents pay for the trouble their children get into. Example: junior is out late (real late) but the government won't let dad find his child and take him by the ear and march him home . . . but let the little dear do damage while out people come down on the parent for not controlling
his child. The government takes away our rights to bring up our children but when our children screw up right away the government goes after the parents to seek payment for damages. If the government want to tell how to raise our children then they can take the blame when the children mess up. Some parents I know try really hard to bring their children up correctly but the government throw ups roadblocks along the way and then blames the parents when the children mess up. I'm lucky, my children didn't mess up while growing up and now they are young adults and they have been told that they are responsible for their actions now. I apologize for the rant but it's the way I feel.

BUD
03-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Go bailum out and takum fishin.

nekred
03-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Gonna rant too!...

a few years ago we were driving through a school zone in Calgary. One little imp about 12 years old started jy walking and when we hit the binders to not hit the kid he looks directly at us and arrogantly cocked his chin uo and down.

My wife who is very tolerant wanted to get out and cock him one. She said if she was driving she would have hit the gas. Right then and there my wife and I decided how we would raise our kids.

There are people who should not have kids and people who are willing to try anything to have kids. As a parent now I do try my best. My 3 yearold was acting up so he got a smack on the bottom in Wal-mart. An old battleaxe came over and told me I had no right to do that. I told her to be quiet because she was getting the next one.

I never got a call from socially inept services so maybe the idea sunk in!....

A lot of people live their life on their kids terms and we all suffer for it!

I like Russell Peter's take on child rearing...

The rear kickings I got from my dad save me a lot from a lot worse consequences of real life.

......and Bud you know you actually made sense in your last post.... along with the discipline has to be constructive time!.... and show them a better use of time!... plus i learned a lot from my pop while fishing....

Okotokian
03-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Example: junior is out late (real late) but the government won't let dad find his child and take him by the ear and march him home . . . .

Where the heck did you get that from??? Come on, try to keep the arguments within a thousand miles of reality. Hands up ANYONE on this board who has had a government official tell them they can't go out and get little Johnny late at night and bring him home. Rants here have to be within the realm of reality. If you think you can't do this you are sorely incapable of being a parent.

Jamie
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Its when little Johny hits his late teens. Say 16 and up that the Gov seems to get involved. But by then the damage has allready been done.

Jamie

LB 270
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I agree Oko. Nobody has told me what to do to raise my children. My son knows that if he gets way out of line it's coming. It hasn't come to it very often. Although he got caught throwing snowballs at school today so maybe it's time.
LB

Okotokian
03-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree Oko. Nobody has told me what to do to raise my children. My son knows that if he gets way out of line it's coming. It hasn't come to it very often. Although he got caught throwing snowballs at school today so maybe it's time.
LB

LOL good luck. Hard for a boy not to throw snowballs, but I guess it depends at who or what. If that's his largest transgression, you've done well.

Tuc
03-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Perhaps, or perhaps they got their asses kicked way too much. People who commit abuse and violent acts were often abused as kids. They just continue the cycle. Can't really say in this case yet.

Perhaps they did or perhaps they didn't.

Oko, I'm not talking about abusing our children but I am talking about disciplining them. No fear = no listen. That's whats wrong with kids these days, no fear. Sometimes words don't sink in but I have always found a good licking does....we didn't turn out to bad, right! At least that's been my case, when the old man told us to do something, we did, or else.

Today they are told in schools that the parents can't touch em or social welfare will step in. I have actually seen a kid rub this into their parents face. (not mine)

Geezer, I agree with you 101%.

TreeGuy
03-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Where the heck did you get that from??? Come on, try to keep the arguments within a thousand miles of reality. Hands up ANYONE on this board who has had a government official tell them they can't go out and get little Johnny late at night and bring him home. Rants here have to be within the realm of reality. If you think you can't do this you are sorely incapable of being a parent.

Oko, the brother of the young fellow I had working for me this fall tried to have his Dad arrested last week for pushing him against the wall. Why was he pushed? Well, this 16 year old little darling has spent more time in jail than in school (despite ANYTHING the parents have tried..........drugs......yes), and came in drunk/stoned at 3AM. He got pushed. Cops showed up, took a look around a clean and respectful home, talked to the Dad and then used their common sense and gave the kid sh*t. It happens all the time. Parents are being rendered powerless. Win your battles from day one. You don't try to house-break you puppy when it's three do ya? Stupid liberals! Sorry for the rant, just ended a season of minor hockey...........:rolleye2:

Tree

BIG AL
03-19-2008, 06:35 AM
You're right, it starts in the play pen, not in the state pen.

catnthehat
03-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Go bailum out and takum fishin.

I have a bumper sticker on my truck that says
" kids that grow up hunting fishing and trapping don't mug little old ladies"
Beside it , of course , is the classic "Pizz off a Liberal, buy a gun":D
Cat

mud slug
03-19-2008, 07:14 AM
i think the hole not nameing the brats is wrong. print there names so every one knows what they did and maby there would be some second thought to doing something wrong. the way it is now who knows who did it so weres the accountability. oh i can mug so little old lady because who will know.print there name let people know what they did face the fire.

Okotokian
03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
i think the hole not nameing the brats is wrong. print there names so every one knows what they did and maby there would be some second thought to doing something wrong. the way it is now who knows who did it so weres the accountability. oh i can mug so little old lady because who will know.print there name let people know what they did face the fire.

I'm up in the air on that one.... in a small community it could label the kid forever, other parents won't want their kid associated with them, etc. etc. Could just drive them into the groups you don't want them associating with. The main purpose should be rehabilitation... but I don't mind repeat offenders being moved up to adult court quicker, and I do think Young Offender records should be considered once they start offending as adults.

I'm more bothered by not identifying rapists or other sex offenders just because it may identify the victim. I understand that concern, but the public is better served by a report that says "Joe Smith was convicted of sexual assault" and not identifying that the victim was his step daughter, than a report that says "A man sexually assualted his step-daughter, but he cannot be named as it may identify the victim".