PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Teacher?

coearle
04-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Hey all - I've got a fly rod sitting here at home........but no idea how to use it. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Medicine Hat area that teaches this? It sounds crazy, but I could use some serious lessons!

bloom
04-18-2012, 07:38 AM
PM sent.

DiabeticKripple
04-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Instead of making a new thread, I'll piggyback on this one

Anyone wanna help teach me the basics? I went out a couple times last year in bc and was successful but I know I don't have the basics. I'm in Calgary. May head down to the bow this afternoon if it doesn't rain

DuckBrat
04-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Send me a PM if your in need of this in the Edmonton Area.

BBT
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Check out Hansons fly shop in Calgary. $200.00 you get an all day bootcamp and you get to keep the rod, reel and line. Best Bang for the buck.

Adam1982
04-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Check out Hansons fly shop in Calgary. $200.00 you get an all day bootcamp and you get to keep the rod, reel and line. Best Bang for the buck.

Thanks for the info, I will definetly look into that!

bessiedog
04-18-2012, 04:34 PM
The CNP area, ill teach you and show you some fishy spots on theCrow.

Ill do for exactly 3 beer, one sandwich, and one good fish story when your done your day

ReconWilly
04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
The CNP area, ill teach you and show you some fishy spots on theCrow.

Ill do for exactly 3 beer, one sandwich, and one good fish story when your done your day

Deal!! When and where!?!

BackPackHunter
04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
I would be will to help some people out, with the basics that are around Red Deer when the weather is a little better...

Pm please

Lots of good videos on youtube that also show the basics

Redfrog
04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
WOW You guys who have offered to help are awesome.

I can't say enough about getting instructions for fly fishing. For many years I looked worse than any cartoon trying to flail the air. A couple sessions of a night school fly fishing class and I was like a ballet dancer. a 240 lb ballet dancer in waders, but a dancer none the less. Everytime I moved the rod instead of looking like the nutcracker, I heard it.:)

Kudos to you guys.:sHa_shakeshout:

bessiedog
04-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Let's be clear here. I'm not offering guiding. And I ain't gonna show you honey holes.
There's plenty of common places on the Crow where anyone can catch a decent fish.

Casting is important, but it's about 1/5 of a whole set of skills you need to work on if yer gonna be into fish on a regular basis.

I'll take ya, but ya better respect the sport and what I'm offering k?

I don't fish with 'insta-haveta-catchem' types.

It's a bigger thing than the fish.

Fire me a pm and well chat

yulful
06-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Let's be clear here. I'm not offering guiding. And I ain't gonna show you honey holes.
There's plenty of common places on the Crow where anyone can catch a decent fish.

Casting is important, but it's about 1/5 of a whole set of skills you need to work on if yer gonna be into fish on a regular basis.

I'll take ya, but ya better respect the sport and what I'm offering k?

I don't fish with 'insta-haveta-catchem' types.

It's a bigger thing than the fish.

Fire me a pm and well chat

Hey all - I've got a fly rod sitting here at home........but no idea how to use it. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Medicine Hat area that teaches this? It sounds crazy, but I could use some serious lessons!
is there anyone putting classes on in medicine hat?

Bjay
07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Join your fish and game association or look for a fly fishing club and you will get lots of help
Bjay

Doc
07-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Fly casting lessons available in Edmonton here.

Alberta Stillwater Adventures (http://www.albertastillwaters.com)

chriscosta
07-27-2013, 10:46 AM
orvis guide to fly fishing videos on you tube check it out i learned alot from this on how to cast and stuff not how to retrieve or anything tho