PDA

View Full Version : East Kootenay Boating Regs

WOLFER 123
04-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Can anyone tell me if motor botas are allowed on the following East Kootenay Lakes? Looking to do some Bass fishing.
1. Baynes Lake, Jaffray
2. Badnorsky Lake, Wardner
3. Hiawatha Lake, Moyie
4. Jim Smith Lake, Cranbrook
5. Lund Lake, Wardner
6. Surveyors Lake, Jaffray
7. Suzenne Lake, Jaffray
8. Tie Lake, Jaffray
Have any of you guys fished for Bass in any of these lakes? If so, what's the report?

npauls
04-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Only one I fished was Tie.

We caught some bass and sun fish and boats are allowed. Be prepared on a nice day to have the ski boats ripping around all day. The lake isn't very big and it gets a ton of traffic.

The day I was out there we were the only ones fishing in a boat and there was probably close to 100 boats on the water all ripping around.

goldscud
04-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Electric motors only on Surveyors and I think Baynes as well. Baynes is ice free now. Park gates are locked presently to Surveyors and there is no boat launch. Boats allowed on Suzanne, not sure about motor, rough/steep/dirt launch. Check BC fishing regs.
I don't think there is a boat launch at Hiawatha or Badnorsky.
Tie lake is ski boat heaven

Most of lakes with Bass under about 13", lots of tiny ones.
Go to Creston for bigger fish

bloom
04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Electrics are good on Suzanne, but never seen a gas motor there. Bass fishing also very poor.

horsetrader
04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Can anyone tell me if motor botas are allowed on the following East Kootenay Lakes? Looking to do some Bass fishing.
1. Baynes Lake, Jaffray
2. Badnorsky Lake, Wardner
3. Hiawatha Lake, Moyie
4. Jim Smith Lake, Cranbrook
5. Lund Lake, Wardner
6. Surveyors Lake, Jaffray
7. Suzenne Lake, Jaffray
8. Tie Lake, Jaffray
Have any of you guys fished for Bass in any of these lakes? If so, what's the report?

baynes electric motor only
badnorsky no restriction
hiawatha no restriction
jim smith no powered boats at all gas or electric
lund no restriction
surveyors no listing in regs
suzenne no restriction
tie no restriction

thumper
04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Hiawatha is actually just a pond. No launch and just big enough for a canoe. I.ve fished it a few times and been skunked each time.