PDA

View Full Version : Castle Mountain Lakes

fishingmaster2097
04-20-2012, 03:03 PM
In Castle Mountain in banff, there are two lakes at the top of it. If you hike up it you will see them. Does anybody know if there is fish in those two lakes, or one of them?

Need to know, because I will be going hiking up there in a couple of days and want to know if I should bring my fishing gear

Thank You,
FishingMaster2097

uplander
04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
send an email to the boys at BanfffishingUnlimited.com they know all the local lakes that have fish and they will even give you some tips, If I'm not mistaken most lakes at that elevation won't be ice free for atleast another month or two so there's a good chance it's still solid.

TROLLER
04-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Froze for sure. Even Minnewonka won't open till May 19 and it is not as high an elevation.

Dust1n
04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Theres no lake at the top of the castle mountain. Its just a small plateau over looking the bow and Banff. Probably somewhere beside it

mapleleafman3
04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Rockbound Lake and I think Tower lake. I know Rockbound is fishable not sure of Tower. Check the regs.

pipercub17
04-22-2012, 06:48 PM
yep its rockbound lake

fishingmaster2097
04-22-2012, 07:21 PM
and there is fish in rockbound lake? what kind

commieboy
04-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide lists Rainbows and Cutts in Rockbound Lake. No mention of Tower, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything there.

Remember, you must purchase a NATIONAL PARKS LICENSE prior to fishing this lake. It's a completely different license from the Alberta sportfishing license and can be purchased in Banff at the Parks information centre.

Also, I looked up the regulations and I believe both Rockbound and Tower are CLOSED right now.

Check this link for more information:
http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/banff/visit/visit14a.aspx

Freddydog
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
I have been up there personally. Forget about Tower lake, its a small tarn on the way up. Rockbound is where you want to go. There are only small brookies in there now. You can easily catch them from shore. Rockbound lake will be frozen over probably until late june or july. Barry Mitchells guide is as out of date as a ford pinto.

fishingmaster2097
04-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I have been up there personally. Forget about Tower lake, its a small tarn on the way up. Rockbound is where you want to go. There are only small brookies in there now. You can easily catch them from shore. Rockbound lake will be frozen over probably until late june or july. Barry Mitchells guide is as out of date as a ford pinto.

What would you use, I have always wanted to catch a brook trout!