PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it would sell?

bisonhunter
04-21-2012, 05:58 AM
I love looking at all of the photos that people post here and elsewhere on the web. I love fishing and seeing others being successful at it. One thing though that cracks me up is how far some people hold that fish from themselves to make it look bigger.

So I figure I'll invent some arm extenders to make that 16" rainbow look like a Fraser river sturgeon when you hold it up for the camera. I'd like to do some research and find out just how far away from a person the the balancing point is, that is the point where it is so far from you that you actually fall over forwards. Then shorten the fake arms just a tad for the maximum effect ..........just a thought.

I'd have to make the fingers look real though as they would be one of the only things in focus in the frame.

Just imagine the size of this medium size cony held 8 or ten feet in front of me, it would look like fishzilla. Would people buy it? What do you think?

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/robthefisher/PICT0006.jpg

Alberta Bigbore
04-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Nope. you can use photo shop To make the fish bigger. The best pose used to be the BowCrow pose... whichever hand was on the tail, the higher you had that arms elbow into the air the better. Wonder if I can find pics lol

Dust1n
04-21-2012, 08:54 AM
That looks like an inconu

bisonhunter
04-21-2012, 09:43 AM
That looks like an inconu

That is in fact an inconnu, we call them cony's.

BobLoblaw
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
We don't see a lot of sheefish on AO. Thanks for posting the pic.
If that's a medium, do you have any pics of big ones?

BTW, I think that hat is photoshopped; no way it's that tall!!!:)

bobalong
04-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Nope. you can use photo shop To make the fish bigger. The best pose used to be the BowCrow pose... whichever hand was on the tail, the higher you had that arms elbow into the air the better. Wonder if I can find pics lol

He had an unusual pose alright, but that guy could sure catch fish.

BeeGuy
04-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Just use a wide angle lens on your camera.

It makes everything in the center look bigger and everything in the peripheral look smaller. Some guys already do this. There was a pic on here of a real nice pike and it looked thicker than the guys chest.

You can always tell though because of the curved horizon.

Go-pro cameras have a similar effect.

Nice pic btw, I've never had the chance to fish for cony's.

Muskrat has some cool cony fishing vids on youtube

BeeGuy
04-21-2012, 09:02 PM
He had an unusual pose alright, but that guy could sure catch fish.

who or what is bowcrow?

Daceminnow
04-21-2012, 11:04 PM
I love looking at all of the photos that people post here and elsewhere on the web. I love fishing and seeing others being successful at it. One thing though that cracks me up is how far some people hold that fish from themselves to make it look bigger.

So I figure I'll invent some arm extenders to make that 16" rainbow look like a Fraser river sturgeon when you hold it up for the camera. I'd like to do some research and find out just how far away from a person the the balancing point is, that is the point where it is so far from you that you actually fall over forwards. Then shorten the fake arms just a tad for the maximum effect ..........just a thought.

I'd have to make the fingers look real though as they would be one of the only things in focus in the frame.

Just imagine the size of this medium size cony held 8 or ten feet in front of me, it would look like fishzilla. Would people buy it? What do you think?

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/robthefisher/PICT0006.jpg

WOW. an inconnu picture on AO. that is unique and very cool. i don't know about your idea, but thanks a lot for the cool fish pic!

Dace

ogre
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
WOW. an inconnu picture on AO. that is unique and very cool. i don't know about your idea, but thanks a lot for the cool fish pic!

That fish is beyond cool, in fact it looked frosty :medium-smiley-035:

nick0danger
04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
who or what is bowcrow?

Bow crow, is Brian peace former owner of bow crow fishing, now works for someone else here is a link so you can see the high elbow, http://www.bowriveradventures.com/bowriver/id14.html. One he'll of a fisherman.

Nick

bisonhunter
04-22-2012, 08:41 AM
We don't see a lot of sheefish on AO. Thanks for posting the pic.
If that's a medium, do you have any pics of big ones?

BTW, I think that hat is photoshopped; no way it's that tall!!!:)

I'll look for a photo of a bigger one, we've caught them nearing 40lbs. I just don't know that I took a picture if them.

The wonderful stylish hat is my balaclava that I wear under my snow machine helmet. It protects the head and neck from frostbite while riding out to the fishing grounds. I always fold it up because I don't like the feel of it. I'm bald though so I can't go without anything on my head in colder weather. It does however make my height to weight body ratio correct, as when I wear it I'm like 6'8"