PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lakes (South)

Fishtracker
04-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows if the ice is off of Chain Lakes south of Calgary yet?

Tcw
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm also wondering?
Hows the lake water level?; Is it high enough for a boat launch on the east ramp or still lonly on the west ramp. Dock is not important.
Boat was unwrapped tonight, and if the weather is as good as they say, its time for a trip out.

slivers86
04-21-2012, 10:07 PM
last week someone passed there on ice that looked like it was 2" thick. I'd guess not off yet, but by the end of the weekend it should be with 20 degrees. not ready for boats i'd be willing to say.

Tcw
04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
"Last week someone passed there on what looked like 2 " thick"

Question:

Can you see this from the road?

Or ,, are talking or the man that went through the ice,, which was two weeks ago??

fablish
04-22-2012, 12:04 PM
was fishing there yesterday, no ice, water level is low. no boats on the water but lots of people fishing along the lake. fish were biting, good day

Tcw
04-22-2012, 12:36 PM
was fishing there yesterday, no ice, water level is low. no boats on the water but lots of people fishing along the lake. fish were biting, good day

Thanks fablish, thats what I was wanting to know. I can't load my boat with a 2 wheel drive on the west ramp and if the water is that low I can't get in on east ramp.