PDA

View Full Version : april, 28 & 29th

westwardflyfisher33
04-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I am planning day trips on both April 28th & 29th. I will be heading out west to see if some streams have opened up yet. Anyone been out to see the Caroline and Nordegg areas recently? I am also curious about prairie creek through the strachan area and the north fork road. Any heads up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy fishing everyone!

Westwardflyfisher33

uplander
04-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Just make sure the places you plan to fish if you plan to fish at all are open! As always it's just nice to go for a drive to.

westwardflyfisher33
04-22-2012, 12:03 PM
@ uplander

No worries, I have already checked the regs and if I forget in my travels I have the guide in my car at all times to tell me. I would never touch a stream if I didn't know for sure if I could fish it :)

At any rate I just want to see if the ice is off some of the streams and creeks.

Westwardflyfisher33

notoriousrob
04-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I went hiking yesterday out that way. I am new to Alberta so I can't be very useful. Although I saw one lake heading west that wasn't frozen, 45 min west of Rocky on the left hand side of the highway. The other lakes on the road were all frozen.

If your looking for a fishing partner next weekend, let me know. Just moved here!

bwackwabbit
04-22-2012, 12:37 PM
The RDR is clear (of ice) in that area right now but that is about all I could see that is fishable. North of there is the Raven/North Raven which again are open but notoriuosly tricky to fish from what I've heard.

Cheers.

westwardflyfisher33
04-22-2012, 01:49 PM
@notoriousrob

Welcome to Alberta! Send me a pm if you would like to go fishing and we can make arrangements from there. I am not too much into the lakes as I prefer streams for fly fishing but good to know that the ice is melting for sure.

Westwardflyfisher33

westwardflyfisher33
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
@bwackwabbitt

I have no ambition to fish the red deer river unless it is further out past sundre. The stretch between glennifer lake and red deer was pretty lousy last year, although I did start later into the season than most. I may check out the north raven though as I have heard that it is freed up now. It'd be great to go for some spring browns!

Westwardflyfisher33